UNC vs. Illinois

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois fans, I know you don't want to hear it now but you guys had a great season. I know it's hard but congrats on a great year. Palehose, it pains me to say this but congrats, I was wrong about unc all year, you guys just beat a great team, congrats, enjoy it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Illinois fans, I know you don't want to hear it now but you guys had a great season.  I know it's hard but congrats on a great year.  Palehose, it pains me to say this but congrats, I was wrong about unc all year, you guys just beat a great team, congrats, enjoy it.

Thanks Rowand.

The things that kept jumping out at me towards the end of the game were Dee Brown not looking for a shot and the Illinois guards not penetrating. I know the three was their forte, but it seemed like they had opportunities to finish plays and get layups. Head did once and could have again on the play where his pass was stolen. It was like UNC didn't expect them to drive all the way and were trying to play the kick out. I think that really hurt them on that one play.

But the bottom line is that it was a great game. Illinois made a huge run and wouldn't go away. They showed how much heart that team had.

I'm sure you Illinois fans will look back on this season fondly, once the disappointment wears off. This was a really fun team to watch and they had one hell of a year. Be proud of this team, not pissed at it.

Palehose, congrats. Everytime Illinois made a run, UNC had an answer. Whether it was May, a tip in, a Jawad Williams 3 or Felton making a big play, there was always a big play.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Thanks guys, I know nothing I can say will help, but you guys have a tremendous team and an amazing season. Recruiting really builds off season's like this, you guys will be back. Especially in the 06 class which is loaded.

Thanks Palehose. You gonna go out drinkin? :D