UNC vs. Illinois

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
He's on a free ride anyway? You're implying that his family is poor for some reason. Do you have any inside info??  Are they poor. Seriously, coming that close and knowing I have another year of eligibility left and that I could go one more year without living in a huge mansion or having that range rover, I wouldn't think twice. Unless my family was piss poor, I would stay. Maybe that's the competitive spirit in me.

He tears his acl and misses the majority of the year his stock would drop... a lot. Difference between top five money and after is a lot.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
so if the sox lost the world series you wouldn't be angry?

jesus.  people need to shut up

I'd be pissed and sad.

Just a general comment about how much we love our sports teams, not a diss against anybody.

:crying

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
This is the example of a team living and dying by a 3.  For once, we didn't get the breaks.  Though i still don't understand how either of those last 2 head threes didn't fall in.  Without augustine we had NOTHING inside the paint.  That cost us a championship.  Wow....

Like Rex Mentioned, we did get solid play from Ingram. But I agree, I think just having James as an option would've helped.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Luther really pulled a cubs tonight.

He has been a pimp all year and i wish the best of luck to him in the nba. I am not gonna blame this game on any one player. It was a team effort good or bad.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
I'd be pissed and sad.

Just a general comment about how much we love our sports teams, not a diss against anybody.

:crying

ah, sorry for snapping at ya then.

Now's a day i wish i was a drinker.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Meh, not for me :P In all honesty if the sox lost game 7 of the world series after a great season I'd be crying me eyes out.  I make that comparison cause I know for some of you the Illini are your number one team like the sox are for me.  Like willie said some people live and die by there teams, I know I do with the sox and I know others do with this team.

Yeah man, I remember in 2000 when we got swept away by the M's I cried a lot. I was only in 6th grade at the time, but it still sucked. I couldn't imagine if it was the WS after having the greatest season in the history of the franchise. Also, after we lost this kid, a cubs fan, called me and rubbed it in my face that we lost. I didn't become friends with him again until this year. So yeah, I took that loss pretty hard.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
He ahs been a pimp all year and i wish the best of luck to him in the nba. I am not gonna blame this game on any one player. It was a team effort good or bad.

I won't blame him. I think he just missed them. Everyone equates missed shots in the 4th with being a non-clutch player. He was clutch. The shot just didn't fall. If anyone I blame is Dee Brown for being wwwaaaaaaaaaaaay too damn passive in the last 5 minutes. He had two open 3's and didn't have the balls enough to shoot or even look to shoot them.

btw, for the DeRon thing, I'm just saying, that's just me. And no, I'm not saying that because I'm mad he's leaving. If I seriously had his ability and came that damn close, I'm going for it all again, one more year.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Yeah but at the end he cost them the game. That kickout was telegraphed and he had two great looks at the basket and could have been the hero.

not luther's fault. With how risky the illini played tonight, it was bound to happen.

Luther played a hell of a game and put up countless 3's to keep us in the damn thing.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Yeah man, I remember in 2000 when we got swept away by the M's I cried a lot. I was only in 6th grade at the time, but it still sucked. I couldn't imagine if it was the WS after having the greatest season in the history of the franchise. Also, after we lost this kid, a cubs fan, called me and rubbed it in my face that we lost. I didn't become friends with him again until this year. So yeah, I took that loss pretty hard.

I almost decapitated(sp?) my friend after game 3, i had a football in my hand for some reason, seattle laid down that squeeze, i chucked the ball not knowing my friend was behind me, he got out of the way just in time. I then went into the bathroom and just starting crying, terrible day. :crying

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
A Final Four is an excellent accomplishment.

I'd go as far as saying that previous teams with frankie and cook were more talented, but these guys had an amazing run to the Final Four.

Frank williams is a waste of talent. Never ceased to amaze me that he would do all his scoring after we were up by twenty. He was a stat padder nothing more in my opinion. Now he is just an out of shape fatass. Cook was and is very talented. No one else ever really stuck out at me.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
I almost decapitated(sp?) my friend after game 3, i had a football in my hand for some reason, seattle laid down that squeeze, i chucked the ball not knowing my friend was behind me, he got out of the way just in time.  I then went into the bathroom and just starting crying, terrible day. :crying

dude I feel you. that was one of my top 3 heartbreaks in my life.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
not luther's fault.  With how risky the illini played tonight, it was bound to happen.

Luther played a hell of a game and put up countless 3's to keep us in the damn thing.

Yeah it just would have been awesome if he could have knocked one of those down. Argh I need to stop thinking about it and think of the Sox and Bulls.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I just noticed something that I didn't catch the whole game........

If Illinois was the #1 overall seed, why weren't they wearing white jerseys tonight????

They had choice and picked orange