UNC vs. Illinois

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
I won't blame him. I think he just missed them. Everyone equates missed shots in the 4th with being a non-clutch player. He was clutch. The shot just didn't fall. If anyone I blame is Dee Brown for being wwwaaaaaaaaaaaay too damn passive in the last 5 minutes. He had two open 3's and didn't have the balls enough to shoot or even look to shoot them.

btw, for the DeRon thing, I'm just saying, that's just me. And no, I'm not saying that because I'm mad he's leaving. If I seriously had his ability and came that damn close, I'm going for it all again, one more year.

Maybe you would maybe you wouldn't. You do not have that oppurtunity to truly know what you would do. Playing with shaq and other players you have always idolized and getting any women you want ( even though they can now) while gettting paid millions of dollars is quite the temptation

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Why oh why can't this happy nonsense be going on, on Green St...:crying

is there something going on?

i'm avoiding all contact w/ this humanity except for this site.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Other teams will get stronger an Ill doesn't have anybody coming in.

With a wife and kids, I'm gone.

Rush, possibly. It is a perfect place for him to go. He definitely has an open spot as a starter.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
There you go Illinois fans.

They were interviewing an Illinois fan after the game at Joe's and right near the end some guy in the background yelled "GO WHITE SOX!!!"

So, there you go. It's not the end of the world.  :P

I love the sox more than I will love my future wife. but their is no denying this hurts!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Other teams will get stronger an Ill doesn't have anybody coming in.

With a wife and kids, I'm gone.

Absolutely true. They are only ahead of MSU and Northwestern in recruiting in the Big Ten. They're all the way at 132 overall in the nation. Hell, Tim Floyd probably has a better recruiting class at USC than the Illini have. I don't remember the last time a losing team in the championship game getting blue chipper recruits in the next 2 years that wasn't already a huge program. I honestly, don't see Illinois getting better recruits than they did when they had Lon Kruger there.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
Absolutely true. They are only ahead of MSU and Northwestern in recruiting in the Big Ten. They're all the way at 132 overall in the nation. Hell, Tim Floyd probably has a better recruiting class at USC than the Illini have. I don't remember the last time a losing team in the championship game getting blue chipper recruits in the next 2 years that wasn't already a huge program. I honestly, don't see Illinois getting better recruits than they did when they had Lon Kruger there.

Lon Krueger brought in higher rated recruits than Bill Self. 3 McDonald's AA for Krueger, only 1 for Self.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Because recruiting rankings are always right.

Signed,

Shavlik Randolph

Charles Jackson amd Jamar Smith will be good players

Rigggggght. You are high my friend. Shavlik has played well. He's too finesse so he was never going to translate well in the NBA, but he definately would help any team vastly. He gets overshadowed alot on Duke. They just have tons of players. Even guys as their 12th man probably would be our 7th or 8th man off our bench. Rankings aren't far off from what I've seen. The only time rankings are wrong about a player(we are talking from mediocre/average to blue chipper) is when the guy has been known to have a mental problem. That's it. Jackson and Smith won't be anything more than decent bench players.

Illinois needs Rush(I heard that he was leaning to Oklahoma with Illinois being in 2nd). If not, they have no one. They also need DeAndre Thomas.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
He's on a free ride anyway? You're implying that his family is poor for some reason. Do you have any inside info??  Are they poor. Seriously, coming that close and knowing I have another year of eligibility left and that I could go one more year without living in a huge mansion or having that range rover, I wouldn't think twice. Unless my family was piss poor, I would stay. Maybe that's the competitive spirit in me.

Yeah, he needs that Sports Management degree instead of millions of dollars guaranteed with an NBA contract

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Lon Krueger brought in higher rated recruits than Bill Self.  3 McDonald's AA for Krueger, only 1 for Self.

Your right, we will start having recruits like the ones from scandal to the Lon Kruger area. Self was starting to get the All-Americans(Wright and Villanueva come to mind). Anyway, we're probably going to have our worst recruiting in some time under Weber. We might steal a couple of 4 star recruits, every here and there, but nothing consistant like a IU or MSU.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Rigggggght. You are high my friend. Shavlik has played well. He's too finesse so he was never going to translate well in the NBA, but he definately would help any team vastly. He gets overshadowed alot on Duke. They just have tons of players. Even guys as their 12th man probably would be our 7th or 8th man off our bench. Rankings aren't far off from what I've seen. The only time rankings are wrong about a player(we are talking from mediocre/average to blue chipper) is when the guy has been known to have a mental problem. That's it. Jackson and Smith won't be anything more than decent bench players.

Illinois needs Rush(I heard that he was leaning to Oklahoma with Illinois being in 2nd). If not, they have no one. They also need DeAndre Thomas.

39% he shot this year. He is some more wasted talent.

If weber gets them to buy into his system they will be more like four star recruits. Coaching is underated compared to scouting and ranking with stars.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Did Shaun Pruitt become a terrible player overnight?  Have the Illini given up on him?

Apparently, Bruce thought so as he didn't want him to play this year for some reason. I know he was hurt and even when there was a possiblity of him coming back, Bruce didn't even want him to try.