Creatine

shagar69

Since i came to college this year, i have been working out a lot, almost everyday. and recently i began thinking about using creatine to supplement my workouts. I have read that it is safe and widely used. Do any of you guys use creatine and if so what is the best brand and is it safe?

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Since i came to college this year, i have been working out a lot, almost everyday.  and recently i began thinking about using creatine to supplement my workouts. I have read that it is safe and widely used. Do any of you guys use creatine and if so what is the best brand and is it safe?

cell tech is the best brand I have ever used. helped me get my bench (12 reps) from 225 to 365.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
also if your trying to get stronger and bigger ide invest in some whey protein and take it with every meal.. that will also help you

alright thanks. Yea, my main goal for wanting to take creatine and even working out is just for appearance basically. I just want to be bulk up and basically have visible muscles.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
alright thanks. Yea, my main goal for wanting to take creatine and even working out is just for appearance basically. I just want to be bulk up and basically have visible muscles.

Do what T R U said then.. His muscles are clearly visible :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :whip

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Do what T R U said then.. His muscles are clearly visible  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :whip

hahaha, thanks man

also if your not worried about strength you wanna do like 3-4 sets with 10-15 reps of moderate weight.. for your workouts

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Does anyone know if you should cycle creatine, or is it something you can just stay on, like protein? If I understand it correctly, creatine is produced naturally in small quantities by your body, so it seems like if you stayed on it, your body would quit producing it.

I havent taken creatine in a long time... but I know that when you start you have to drink like 4 or so drinks with it in it for like the first two weeks to get it into your system and then you just take it with your workouts..

IIRC you just take it till its gone with your workouts, but I havent taken creatine in like 6 years

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Since i came to college this year, i have been working out a lot, almost everyday.  and recently i began thinking about using creatine to supplement my workouts. I have read that it is safe and widely used. Do any of you guys use creatine and if so what is the best brand and is it safe?

I'm not here to talk about the past.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
creatine is perfectly safe as long as your drinking plenty of water or else your going to get some hellified cramps

And he means A LOT OF WATER!!! I used Cell Tech for awhile and though I was drinking a lot of water but got muscle cramps and put on tons of water weight, so I ditched it. Just wasn't for me.

I used the EAS Creatine suplement, and it works. You feel the extra reps you can pump out, and you see the water stay in your muscles for awhile.

I always heard you always want to do three months on, then take some time off.

I agree with using protein supplements, that's the easiest way to gain muscle, I think you're supposed to take a gram for every pound of muscle you have every day.

Find a workout routine that fits you too, don't go in there with no game-plan, you could be working against yourself and having s***ty workouts.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
And he means A LOT OF WATER!!! I used Cell Tech for awhile and though I was drinking a lot of water but got muscle cramps and put on tons of water weight, so I ditched it. Just wasn't for me.

That's a good point, supplemets work differently sometimes on different people. I've heard guys say they get bloated, puffy and look fat on Creatine, I've heard them say the same about Andro. A lot of it probably has to do with their diet too.