Home Security

Texsox

Do you have a ome security system?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a ome security system?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, monitored
    • When you ain't got nothing, you got, nothing to lose.

I am reviewing a business plan and one of the numbers jumped out at me. Down here damn near every new home has an electronic security system installed. I take them for granted. It seems that the upper Midwest has a very small install base and when I need Midwest data, who better than soxtalk?

Note: No actual investing should be done based on these results. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. All investing involves risk and a possible loss of capitol.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
Down here damn near every new home has an electronic security system installed.

Maybe that has something to do with all of the illegals in southern Texas? :P

Seriously, though, I don't know of many people who have home security systems where I live (Indiana).

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Maybe that has something to do with all of the illegals in southern Texas? :P

Seriously, though, I don't know of many people who have home security systems where I live (Indiana).

Actually you are close. A lot of the homes are owned by wealthy Mexicans who only visit part of the year. So they have security alarms to watch over their stuff while they are away. And some of them do make more trips to their homes and businesses than allowed by law, which makes them illegal.

No security system on the house, but you have to lock everything. We have this guy 3 houses up the block who fried his brain on LSD that goes around checking car doors, sheds and sometimes even houses for open doors. He has been beaten up by a few people who have caught him in thier cars, but so far he is lucky he hasn't been seriously hurt.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I just have a chart near the door. I randomly change the color of said chart to give my outdated electronics a false sense of security.

:lolhitting :usa