This guy makes Delay look amatuerish

YASNY

Tennessee's most scandalous senator now facing serious investigation

So it was not entirely surprising last year when the 62-year-old lawmaker testified at a child-support hearing that he has two households — one with a pregnant ex-wife and their three children, another with a longtime girlfriend and their two offspring. That is in addition to another young child he has with a third woman.

But what really caught the eye of fellow lawmakers was the release of Ford's tax returns at the hearing. They showed he got more than $230,000 from a consulting company with financial ties to TennCare, the state's Medicaid program for the poor.

Then, at the end, they play the race card. Unreal. :headshake

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:19 AM)
Tennessee's most scandalous senator now facing serious investigation

Then, at the end, they play the race card.  Unreal.  :headshake

:headshake how does this guy keep getting elected? Amazing. I think this actually shows how Delay is so much better at this stuff. Delay does this on a national scale and emerges unscathed. This guy is doing local stuff. Maybe with some time he could be groomed to take on delay. :D

At the risk of having LCR saying that I see conspricies everywhere, notice how the story never mentions that he is a Democrat until the 7th paragraph? Isn't that usually noted in () right after their names first appears, such as 'Senator Ford (D)?

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
At the risk of having LCR saying that I see conspricies everywhere, notice how the story never mentions that he is a Democrat until the 7th paragraph?  Isn't that usually noted in () right after their names first appears, such as 'Senator Ford (D)?

I noticed that too. :ph34r:

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
At the risk of having LCR saying that I see conspricies everywhere, notice how the story never mentions that he is a Democrat until the 7th paragraph?  Isn't that usually noted in () right after their names first appears, such as 'Senator Ford (D)?

It's in a Memphis newspaper. Does the Tribune and Sun-Times always print Mayor Daley (D) in their stories? Senator Obama (D)? I know our local paper rarely identifies our leader's party. When they report on someone from out of the area, they add it. But Congressman Hinojosa, Senators Cornyn and Hutchinson, are rarely tagged. I just quickly hit the Sun-Times and picked a couple national reports.

BY BRENDAN FARRINGTON

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- It seemed like Jeb Bush was in a no-win situation by taking up the cause of trying to keep Terri Schiavo alive.

He was going against polls that showed two out of three people thought government shouldn't get involved. Then when courts stopped him from stepping in, some of his conservative Christian base criticized him for not doing more.

But many people agree the Schiavo case won't hurt him.

''I can't see it having any impact on Jeb Bush and his political future,'' said Darryl Paulson, a University of South Florida political science professor. ''He's not going to be running again in '06, and he says he's not running for the presidency.''

Even if Bush decided to run for president, those close to him say it wouldn't be in 2008. By the time the 2012 or 2016 presidential elections roll around, the Schiavo case will likely be a distant memory.

AP

DeLay rips judges, says impeachment is a possibility

BY JESSE J. HOLLAND

WASHINGTON -- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Thursday blamed Terri Schiavo's death on a failed legal system, and he raised the possibility of trying to impeach some of the federal judges in the case.

''The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior,'' said DeLay (R-Texas).

Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) said DeLay's comments were ''irresponsible and reprehensible.''

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Jeeze Tex, you had to go and get so smart on us.:)

I majored in Journalism the first time around and also thought that was the standard style sheet as well. Then I started poking around and found out it isn't the case.

Most newspapers have style books that guide their reporters in such matters.

It does bring up an interesting point that on-line newspapers are not keeping up with a readers need to know. It would seem that an article posted on the Internet has a wider audience and those sort of identifiers should be up higher in the story.