Sox on ESPN this Sunday

chisoxfan79

This Sunday The Sox have the Sunday night game against The Twins at the baggy dome. We all know how the Sox perform on Sunday Night games last year they played three of them losing them all, two of them with Walk off Walks. I hope history does not repeat itself.

I remember the Anaheim game in 2003 where Frank hit 2 home runs, I think one was also a walk off. That was cool. But yeah, we usually never play well on Sunday night, and we're also playing a team we haven't had much sucess with and we play them on the road. It's not baring too well right now. But other than that, we should do fine.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
When you don't get to see games as often as most of you do, you are thankful for any opportunity to watch.  All you can do is hope for the best, just like any other game.

YAS, we're going to have to get you a dish and MLB extra innings.

That way you'd get to see every game except the WCIU games, it's great.

Definitely something you should look into, if you want to see more games.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
YAS, we're going to have to get you a dish and MLB extra innings.

That way you'd get to see every game except the WCIU games, it's great.

Definitely something you should look into, if you want to see more games.

I'd do it, but I'm hoping I can move to Texas before the summer is over. Once I get there, I'll certainly make that a priority.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
I'd do it, but I'm hoping I can move to Texas before the summer is over.  Once I get there, I'll certainly make that a priority.

Wow, I guess I'll become the number 1 Sox fan in Kentucky at that point. :P

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
I remember the Anaheim game in 2003 where Frank hit 2 home runs, I think one was also a walk off. That was cool. But yeah, we usually never play well on Sunday night, and we're also playing a team we haven't had much sucess with and we play them on the road. It's not baring too well right now. But other than that, we should do fine.

that was a monday night game

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
This Sunday The Sox have the Sunday night game against The Twins at the baggy dome.  We all know how the Sox perform on Sunday Night games last year they played three of them losing them all, two of them with Walk off Walks.  I hope history does not repeat itself.

Hopefully by the end of the game, the Twinkies will look like the guy in your avatar. :bang Lets show em what we got Sox!

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
We all know how the Sox perform on Sunday Night games last year they played three of them losing them all, two of them with Walk off Walks.  I hope history does not repeat itself.

IIRC, wasn't Garcia's debut a Sunday Night game last year at MIN? And didn't we win that one? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I seem to recall. :unsure:

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Unless the Twins skip Mays this weekend, it'll be Buehrle vs. Radke.

They're skipping Mays, so we're going to have Buerhle vs. Santana on Sunday Night.

I'm hoping to get some really good seats right behind the Sox dugout for Saturday or Sunday -- a couple of people I know have them, but they are probably going to both games.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
They're skipping Mays, so we're going to have Buerhle vs. Santana on Sunday Night.

I'm hoping to get some really good seats right behind the Sox dugout for Saturday or Sunday -- a couple of people I know have them, but they are probably going to both games.

Where was this announced? Just wondering.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
IIRC, wasn't Garcia's debut a Sunday Night game last year at MIN?  And didn't we win that one?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I seem to recall. :unsure:

It wasn't a sunday game, I believe it was a wednesday game, might have been a thursday game, it was one of those two though.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
It wasn't a sunday game, I believe it was a wednesday game, might have been a thursday game, it was one of those two though.

It was definitely a Wednesday game then, as I watched it at a bar with my softball team after a game (our games are Sunday and Wednesday nights). Thanks.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
When you don't get to see games as often as most of you do, you are thankful for any opportunity to watch.  All you can do is hope for the best, just like any other game.

And we do tend to either get rained out or suck up the place.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
That game made me want to puke.

:puke6218.jpg

When I see that picture it makes me sad, I don't get the chance to say a certain little saying anymore. Goes a little something like this....

STOP!

Billy Time!!!

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
IIRC, wasn't Garcia's debut a Sunday Night game last year at MIN?  And didn't we win that one?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I seem to recall. :unsure:

Nope. It was against the Twins but it was a weekday game and not on ESPN. I remember because I was watching the game on MLB.tv.