Players declaring for draft

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
I think DeRon will be better than Kirk and I do think he's the #2 PG in the draft. I said he's a little overrated, but let's not underrate him now. I certainly would take Felton ahead of him, but not anyone else really.

I think Luther will be the Tony Allen of this draft. A very nice pickup. He does alot of things that NBA players these days don't do(90%) of them.

Deron can shoot way better than Hinrich already. That is one big advantage. I will say I think Kirk is a better one on one defender.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
Deron can shoot way better than Hinrich already.  That is one big advantage.  I will say I think Kirk is a better one on one defender.

I think DeRon is the better one on one shooter. Kirk just looks like he's trying harder that everyone because in the NBA, no one really tries.

So palehose, UNC is losing both Felton and McCants. Rumor now has it that May staying is no longer a done deal. That May be rumor or he may just be keeping his options open, but losing him would hurt. I am not really sure how high he could go in the draft.

Also, apparently Marvin Williams is exploring his options/draft status. What are the chances he will go also?? I really doubt both May and Williams will go, but even if one goes, along with losing Felton, McCants and four seniors, that will kill UNC next year, will it not? Surely they can't be THAT deep, even if counting a great recruiting class.

Yeah Rex as its rumored right now, we are likely to lose our top 7 from last year. Its 100% that McCants and Felton are gone, and probably 60% that May is going, he might as well, his stock will never be higher, and about 50% that Marvin will leave. I truly believe they will all be gone, and I can't blame them at all. I will wish them well and root for them at the next leve, and we will rebuild at UNC. Our 2006 recruiting class is looking like it will be very similar to our 2002 class which brought us a championship pretty much. Basically if they all leave, here is our lineup next year.

PG. Quentin Thomas/Bobby Frasor

SG. Marcus Ginyard

SF. Reyshawn Terry

PF. David Noel

C. Tyler Hansbrough

Its gonna be a rebuilding year with no pressure, we could sneak up on 20 wins as the ACC will lose ALOT of players also outside of Duke. I truly hope Marvin has mercy on this team and decides to come back next year, he could be amazing and turn this team into a legitimate tourney team again. One thing is for sure, they will certainly be a very good defensive team, that will have to keep them afloat so to speak, as alot of young'uns will be playing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Deron can shoot way better than Hinrich already.  That is one big advantage.  I will say I think Kirk is a better one on one defender.

Every one thought hinrich was gonna be lights out in the nba when it came to shooting. He shot something like 49% in all four years. I don't know how you can say for a fact williams will be a better shooter.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
Put him on the bobcats he would average 15 a game if not more. He would either be a starter their or one of the first off the bench.

Highly unlikely. They play a similar rotation as the Bulls and Memphis in which everyone contributes and only about 2 or 3 guys play more than 30 minutes.

luther head is a product of the Ill offense and won't be much of a pro. The only way he would possibly be considered a first-rounder is a lack of talent in the draft, but I highly doubt that will happen with some of the early entrants, and the international players, high school kids too, garnering attention...

And I still don't believe head or dee brown will be better than deron, not that I think deron will be that great either...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2036960

Sources: Soph. Paul leaving Wake Forest

ESPN.com news services

Wake Forest sophomore guard Chris Paul will declare for the NBA draft at a 4 p.m. news conference Thursday, sources told ESPN.com.

Paul will sign with an agent, sources said. He is likely to be a top 5 pick.

Junior forward Eric Williams announced at the team banquet Wednesday night that he would enter the draft but not sign with an agent.

Paul averaged 15.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 6.6 assists for the Demon Deacons. Williams averaged 16.1 points and 7.7 rebounds.

Wake Forest lost 111-105 to West Virginia in the NCAA Tournament.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Every one thought hinrich was gonna be lights out in the nba when it came to shooting. He shot something like 49% in all four years. I don't know how you can say for a fact williams will be a better shooter.

To be quite honest the big difference is that Hinrich got tons of open looks because of his big men. Deron took many more contested shots, and should be much better prepared for the NBA rigors.

An updated list........ I really think the # of guys coming out, along with the foreing players, high schoolers and seniors will really hurt some of these guys. Guys like Bracey Wright, Kennedy Winston, etc.

Underclassmen in 2005 NBA draft

Player School Pos. Year

Hassan Adams * Arizona F Jr.

Kelenna Azubuike Kentucky G/F Jr.

Andrew Bogut Utah C So.

Brandon Bowman* Georgetown F Jr.

Ike Diogu * Arizona State F Jr.

Torin Francis * Notre Dame F Jr.

Francisco Garcia Louisville F Jr.

Gerald Green * Oklahoma State G Signee

Chris Hernandez * Stanford G Jr.

Carl Krauser * Pittsburgh G Jr.

Rashad McCants North Carolina G Jr.

J.R. Morris * Seton Hall G Jr.

Chris Paul Wake Forest G So.

Anthony Roberson * Florida G Jr.

Chris Taft Pittsburgh F So.

Charlie Villanueva Connecticut F So.

Von Wafer * Florida State G So.

Matt Walsh * Florida F Jr.

Eric Williams * Wake Forest F Jr.

Kennedy Winston * Alabama F Jr.

Bracey Wright Indiana F Jr.

* Hasn't hired an agent

Dennis Latimore will not return to Notre Dame for his final year of eligibility, becoming the second Fighting Irish forward to leave school early in the last week.

Latimore, a 6-foot-9 forward who transferred to Notre Dame in 2003 following two seasons at Arizona, will graduate next month. He played one season for the Irish, averaging 7.0 points and 4.3 rebounds.

He's hoping to play professionally in the United States or abroad.

"I am very grateful for the educational opportunity that I have experienced and feel that my degree has prepared me for my future both on and off the court," Latimore said.

Three days ago, 6-10 forward Torin Francis announced he will forgo his senior season ta Notre Dame and enter the NBA draft. Francis averaged 9.3 points and 7.9 rebounds last season.

Irish coach Mike Brey said while recruiting Latimore they talked about the possibility of him playing just one year for Notre Dame.

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/college/wi...ports-headlines

Arizona State forward Ike Diogu has not signed an agent and sources indicate there is a good chance he will eventually end up pulling his name out of the 2005 draft.

He has plenty of time (over two months) to consider it as the withdrawal date is a week before the draft.

If he can raise his stock into the lottery, than he will definitely stay in the draft. However, most scouts feel he'll end up in the latter half of the first round after workouts.

Diogu was a first team All American and Pac Ten player of the year.

He's shown improvement in each of his three seasons at Arizona St, and tremendous heart and work ethic.

The drawbacks that scout see in him is that he's undersized and not overly athletic.

http://nbadraft.net/draftbuzz036.asp

Edited by qwerty