98 degrees singer to run for Cincinnati Mayor

KipWellsFan

Not gonna happen. He just started a national talk show on Air America, syndicated over 50 cities. He can't do that AND run for governor. I believe its against the law.

By the way, I heard his show for the first time today. Actually really good. Nothing that you'd expect either if you watch his TV show either.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Not gonna happen. He just started a national talk show on Air America, syndicated over 50 cities. He can't do that AND run for governor. I believe its against the law.

By the way, I heard his show for the first time today. Actually really good. Nothing that you'd expect either if you watch his TV show either.

Wow, I feel much better about listening to O'Reilly and Laura Ingraham's shows now! :o

I think O'Reilly translates better to TV than radio. Much more effective as a communicator. Ingraham is alright as far as talk goes.

Springer is a very good talk radio host. He seems to understand the medium. Better than Franken, and G. Gordon Liddy. Not quite as well as Hannity, Rush or Randi Rhodes. But he has the ability to be very powerful in the business especially since he's Clear Channel backed which gives him access to Cleveland and a couple of other bigger markets that Air America hasn't cracked yet.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
I think O'Reilly translates better to TV than radio. Much more effective as a communicator. Ingraham is alright as far as talk goes.

Springer is a very good talk radio host. He seems to understand the medium. Better than Franken, and G. Gordon Liddy. Not quite as well as Hannity, Rush or Randi Rhodes. But he has the ability to be very powerful in the business especially since he's Clear Channel backed which gives him access to Cleveland and a couple of other bigger markets that Air America hasn't cracked yet.

Yeah, I was kidding about Springer. I've never heard him discuss anything in a serious medium, so my comment was more or less a knee-jerk stereotype. Perhaps I'll give him a listen tomorrow. Is Air America streamed over the web for free? (I don't have Sirius or XM.)

Agreed that O'Reilly is better on TV than radio. He has a certain charisma that many other intelligent commentators lack (e.g., Alan Colmes). He tends to over-use certain themes and catch-phrases at times, but I guess nobody is perfect. Imus, on the other hand, is by far the worst on TV. He's a freaking corpse.

Ingraham is good, but I listen to her because she's on in the morning more than anything else. I wasn't a huge fan of her MSNBC show back in the late '90s, despite the fact that she's hot. ;)

I think he's a bit extreme at times and I don't care for him as a person, but I think that Rush does an absolutely tremendous job on the radio. He has a perfect radio voice and handles the format extremely well. If he weren't a complete jackass, I'd be a regular listener.

Imus's show is intolerable on radio. I thought him kinda funny when I was watching him and doing mornings on my own. He is the ultimate example of coasting on his reputation.

Rush is good at what he does and it has nothing to do with his ideas. It's entirely because he understands the fundamentals of good radio. He is popular and considered an important radio voice based on talent and timing. If he had done what he was doing and spewing a Castro like communist agenda, it probably would have gone over just as big... because its medium over message. He changed the format.