Sox fans will love this

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Apparently Billy Koch is so bitter about his release from Toronto that he bought a seat behind the Blue Jay dugout and is decked out in D-Rays gear with a foam finger. I wish I was making this up

Like I often say........nothing is funnier than the truth.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
no no no...I'm not saying MLB made the story up at all..

I'm saying they knew about the positive test 4 WEEKS ago, yet they waited until Opening Day to announce it. Thats my only beef with it. And I still don't think Sanchez is an actual roid user myself...

I'd be alot more likely to think Sanchez used, than to think Koch did.

Oh I dont think Koch was a user at all...I just think moreso that 10 years of throwing 97+ fastballs (counting college), and pitching so many innings over the years, his arm just didn't have it anymore.

I didn't think it would be such a drastic change in such a short time, but I also tend to try and forget about the Koch days here in Chicago...

DAMN you, quit trying to remind me about him :chair

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
Is it because of sanchez's boost in home run power last year?

No. It's because he tested positive this year. That is what's called having something on which to base an accusation.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
no no no...I'm not saying MLB made the story up at all..

I'm saying they knew about the positive test 4 WEEKS ago, yet they waited until Opening Day to announce it. Thats my only beef with it. And I still don't think Sanchez is an actual roid user myself...

A couple of years ago the Bears had a qb named Jim Miller. He had the body of a qb too, and he failed his drug test because he took an over the counter supplement that had a precurser to steroids in it. It produced a "hit" on the banned substance test and he was suspended for 4 games. I think that it's possible or maybe likely that this is what happened to Sanchez too, and will happen a few more times before some of this mental midgets figure out that you gotta be careful and read labels of what you buy at Joe's Vitamin World.

But I do think Billy Boy took steroids. Besides the freakish arm strength disappearing so quickly, I think Billy had a pretty good case of acne going for him, which is also a byproduct of steroids. I have no information about the size of his testicles, however.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
A guy on the radio here in AZ speculated that Koch was a steroid user, and that's why his velocity fell from mid 90s to high 80s.  Might explain his lack of production lately.

I heard the same thing from one of my sources about two years ago.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
A couple of years ago the Bears had a qb named Jim Miller. He had the body of a qb too, and he failed his drug test because he took an over the counter supplement that had a precurser to steroids in it. It produced a "hit" on the banned substance test and he was suspended for 4 games. I think that it's possible or maybe likely that this is what happened to Sanchez too, and will happen a few more times before some of this mental midgets figure out that you gotta be careful and read labels of what you buy at Joe's Vitamin World.

But I do think Billy Boy took steroids. Besides the freakish arm strength disappearing so quickly, I think Billy had a pretty good case of acne going for him, which is also a byproduct of steroids. I have no information about the size of his testicles, however.

I was going to bring up the whole Jim Miller situation. My guess is Sanchez took some over the counter type of vitamin or supplement or who knows what the contained something that now shows up or is like a precursor.

Its going to be tough on him and I'm sure its going to happen to a few more players.