Santana Struggling Against Mariners

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
I know, that's why I'm getting in my laughs and screenshots of his 108 ERA...because he will get last laugh.

lol me too. Although I thought Winn was safe at first which could have made it a bigger inning but oh well.

In other news...

Maddux is getting touched up by the D-Backs. 5-3 D-Backs in the bottom of the 5th. He has already served up 2 homers to Luis Gonzalez. Gonzalez now has 9 homeruns in 96 at bats against Maddux. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

im just happy because Santana and Radke is apposed to be possibly the best 1-2 combo in the majors and after them is trash so its nice to see them both struggle at the begining... but that said it seems like every game but ours that at least one of the pitchers has been torched.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Santana had a 5.61 ERA through 61 innings last year... 

Laugh at him now if you want, but this is exactly how he started last season.

He isn't coming off an arm surgury this year. Or a bad spring. There isn't a single team in the majors whos playoff hopes ride on one player more than the Twins rely on Santana.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
He isn't coming off an arm surgury this year.  Or a bad spring.  There isn't a single team in the majors whos playoff hopes ride on one player more than the Twins rely on Santana.

I would argue with that statement, but that team's best player is on the DL.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
He isn't coming off an arm surgury this year.  Or a bad spring.  There isn't a single team in the majors whos playoff hopes ride on one player more than the Twins rely on Santana.

Take any teams best player out of their roster and they won't be the same, not only for them. Besides the Twins have been winning for a reason and thats not only because of Santana but because everyone on that team steps up unlike ours.

I would also rather have to rely on one player than a shaky Duque and Contreras. I definitley wanna beat the Twins this year but you gotta give them their props.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
More importantly, couldn't Gil Meche have been had this winter?  He had an ERA under 2 in spring and is pitching pretty well in this game.

Meche was still under Mariners control, but he wasn't going anywhere anyway. He had some arm issues last season, but is supposed to be coming back healthy.

As for the Johan ERA watch, it's down to 9.00, and he's stuck out 4 of the last 6.