Santana Struggling Against Mariners

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
More importantly, couldn't Gil Meche have been had this winter?  He had an ERA under 2 in spring and is pitching pretty well in this game.

I was saying that the Sox should've gone after him last year. I think he could've been had for Loaiza or Borchard and Diaz. I suggested it on whitesoxinteractive, but they all blasted me for it. Problem is consistancy, but he always has one really good half and then he has a bad half of the season. I think Coop would help him with that. There's a reason why I don't post on WSI anymore though. Because they banned me for no apparent reason. And when I was going to email the mod or whatever, that email he provided doesn't work. I didn't try getting another sn though, because I found this board and it is tons better. No b****ing about green seats everyday and how the Sox should change their uni colors to green.

I was saying that the Sox should've gone after him last year. I think he could've been had for Loaiza or Borchard and Diaz. I suggested it on whitesoxinteractive, but they all blasted me for it. Problem is consistancy, but he always has one really good half and then he has a bad half of the season. I think Coop would help him with that. There's a reason why I don't post on WSI anymore though. Because they banned me for no apparent reason. And when I was going to email the mod or whatever, that email he provided doesn't work. I didn't try getting another sn though, because I found this board and it is tons better. No b****ing about green seats everyday and how the Sox should change their uni colors to green.

I remember that there were actually rumors last season that Kenny was interested in trading for Gil Meche and/or Raul Ibanez while we were actually playing the Mariners. It was right after the rumors came out that we were going to a 4-man rotation.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
I remember that there were actually rumors last season that Kenny was interested in trading for Gil Meche and/or Raul Ibanez while we were actually playing the Mariners.  It was right after the rumors came out that we were going to a 4-man rotation.

Yeah I remember that. People said hell no to him. Even at his worst, I think he was better than what we had for the 5th slot.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
I remember that.  No one at WSI wanted anything to do with Meche.

I remember I think it was in 03 right after the AS break we lost one to Detriot then we went on a tear, I think our offense was averaging 8 runs per game for 10 games then we went to Seattle and Franklin and Meche just handed us some pine then the whole team was on a f***in slump, that sucked...

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
And just like that the Twinkies tie the game.

As a baseball fan, that hit and run was beautiful.

For those not watching -- 3-1 count on Mauer, runners on second and third, one out. Gardenhire calls for the double steal, Mauer hits a grounder that would be an easy DP ball, but since the SS went to cover the bag at second, it was in the hole for a base hit.

7-4 Twinkies on a Jacque Jones homer.