Gameday!! Indians vs. White Sox 4-6-05

Capn12

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Then why ruin it for everyone else?  No one is making you watch the Sox or post on a Sox board.

I'm just saying. You cannot possibly tell me this game is exciting. Monday's game was more exciting because you had guys from each team mowing each other's guys down and you weren't getting popouts on each contact. Plus we thought Westbrook is good. We know Millwood sucks and the Indians pen sucks and we still can't hit. I think there's a problem. I'm done watching the Sox-Yanks because noway the Yanks are coming back. This is not looking good at all for the Right Sox though. Not ruining it, just stating the facts. We're not getting on base and we're not even making realistic threats to do so.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
I'm just saying. You cannot possibly tell me this game is exciting. Monday's game was more exciting because you had guys from each team mowing each other's guys down and you weren't getting popouts on each contact. Plus we thought Westbrook is good. We know Millwood sucks and the Indians pen sucks and we still can't hit. I think there's a problem. I'm done watching the Sox-Yanks because noway the Yanks are coming back. This is not looking good at all for the Right Sox though. Not ruining it, just stating the facts. We're not getting on base and we're not even making realistic threats to do so.

Maybe to you it's not.. and to me, you are ruining it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
still, we have had great pitches to work with today, it wasnt anything more devastating than fastballs on some corners, and we still couldnt get the ball to go anywhere.

Corpseball last year was when we would have some soft tossing pitcher who would paint the corner consistantly. Our hitters would either roll their wrists over trying to pull it GIDPing all the time or reaching trying to pull it and popping it up lazily. When the sox hit well last year we hit those outside pitches to the opposite field then they had to come in and we would jump on the inside pitch.

I dont think that this is anything like that. We just have to get better on keeping on top of the ball. Our fast guys need to keep the ball on a line drive or put in on the ground. Konerko trying to get lift I understand. He is a bopper, but it would be nice to get the line drive a bit more from time to time. Our offense is just not in sync right now. I would like to see Pods get on top of the ball more. Gooch will be ok. Crede needs to show that improved swing that we heard about. I was hoping that Crede would get off to a fast start. He is a guy who will get on himself more and more and dig himself into a hole. I think he is the Jon Garland of our hitting. Great stuff but the noggin needs to get screwed on straight. Crede has the tools but needs to shorten that swing up a bit.

Podsednik -- 0-3, 0 BB's.

Can't have a whole lot of that this season. I know it's wrong for me to pick on one specific player, but it's tough coming home and seeing just four hits, especially after what our offense went through on Monday. I'm pissy right now.

I like the behind the plate cam. Gives you some insight on what the catcher is seeing. I haven't seen any other team with it(correct me if I'm wrong) so it's something different. Sox have alot of views on tv and at the park that many teams don't have. Here comes Luis Vizcaino.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Forgive me for nit-picking, but Vizcaino throws that Slider awfully high in the zone.  I hope he tries to keep that down a little more.

Come on Sox, pull through -- after Viz gets one more out.

He's a career fly ball pitcher.