Gameday!! Indians vs. White Sox 4-6-05

Capn12

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
BEST MOVE BY OZZIE THIS GAME:  Pinch hitting for Crede in the 9th.  That would of been either a GIDP or a pop up.  The rally is killed.

Yep, I hope it means they don't care about his 'feelings' any more. s*** or get off the pot Joe.

more importantly here...my record when starting Gameday threads is now 2-0!!

Let the Harris thing go guys, we won...thats what matters...now lets watch Minny lose 2 out of 3 to Seattle hopefully!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
What did Willie do that got that part of the thread going?  I am reading through it but missing something...maybe this damned headache I have has something to do with it lol.

Nothing wrong.. you just know how I can't stand to give him credit for anything.. :lol:

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
What did Willie do that got that part of the thread going?  I am reading through it but missing something...maybe this damned headache I have has something to do with it lol.

I believe Willie laid down a sac bunt that was mishandled for an error and loaded the bases? SacFly by Uribe won the game. Willie just did something good but we can't admit it so exxxcccuuusssseeee meeeee!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Nothing wrong.. you just know how I can't stand to give him credit for anything..  :lol:

LOL! That's okay, neither can I lol.

Thanks to you and elrockin for the clarification though.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
LOL!  That's okay, neither can I lol.

The least I could do since I started ther near riot.. :lol:

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
LOL!  That's okay, neither can I lol.

I wasn't even griping about Willie either, but it is so much fun to jump into the conversation I just couldn't resist

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
Steff, I really hope you don't explode tonight.  I don't think many people are remotely realizing that Willie could have hit a homerun there, and you still would have found something wrong with it...  :lol:  :P

You bet I would have.. not long enough being the most obvious - as told by 3E8 ;)

...so, this is what I get for going to class.

Unreal. That sounded like one helluva comeback.

I got a text message from a buddy watching the game halfway through the lecture and although I tried my best to hide my excitement, I sort of cough-yelped and knocked the book of my desk.

That's a White Sox Winner! :cheers

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Better than he did last year.  His fastball was popping at 93-94 MPH.

And the way he throws it (meaning, his quick realease and motion) -- if he's at 93-94 MPH for real -- that probably looks 96-97 to the hitter. Boy, if he can refine an offspeed pitch this year, he's gonna be one hell of a pitcher.

Edited by CWSGuy406

2004 RISP stats: ChiSox 291A, 9.63ERA vs 2005 RISP stats: 200A, 0.00 ERA

For those wanting to hit the barf buttons consider this :

2004 Day stats: ChiSox 270A, 4.09ERA vs 2004 Night stats: 266A, 5.33ERA

The lake effect winds have less impact during calm day games. Today the 9th inning opened up with darker clouds & a bigger wind out of the east.

That's when both teams started hitting the ball better. Look at the distance on today's HR's.

This team is going to hit. I've seen good signs already. The only player who looks completely helpless is Crede. But we have Fields & the long shot possibility of a trade for Nakamaru to fill that hole. I think the ChiSox want to give Crede a chance before giving up on him.

Other than Crede I've been very encouraged with Everett (long counts), Dye (towering drives), & Koney (HR's) for the middle of the order. Pods is just unlucky right now. He's hitting the ball hard (line drives) but they just are in the wrong spots. Eventually that luck will turn. Rowand likewise is having good at bats. Some falling for DB's.

Today we saw the power of Ozzie's bench & why Harris will remain the 25th man when Thomas returns. Against Wickman Harris is a 279A hitter. They have to respect that. That's why he was able to lay down a near perfect bunt. Those little intangibles make up the difference betw winning & losing. Most teams are not going to pull their closer just because Oz decides to put Harris in. That should give Harris more of an edge.

Pitching wise, Garcia was getting squeezed on the calls & yet still managed 6K's & if not for the balk gives up 1 ER. That's pretty impressive. Cotts was likewise impressive. Marte inherited a runner, made a good inside, low, fastball pitch that a LH just happened to get some wood on. It fell along the LF line for a hit. He then shutdown the Tribe. Overall he looked impressive.

This team never gave up. That was the best part of today.

Thurs: Contreras vs Lee. Jose's chance to prove his $8M worth.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT