Jose Jose Jose

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:18 AM)
the Giants scored the go-ahead run against the Dodgers on an error by jose Valentin, who is now trying to become George Brett at third base.

I have a feeling the move from Beltre to Valentin ain't gonna be well received in LA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250405126

Jose, make an error? I can't believe it. Your lying! :crying

Seriously though I know i'd be mad if I were a Dodger fan.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
man his shenanigans in the field yesterday cost me a L for Derek Lowe on fantasy

Well if they woulda hit like 5 more HRs as a team then maybe they would of won, ever think of that? of course not.. just like how you never bother to think of me anymore :crying

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Well if they woulda hit like 5 more HRs as a team then maybe they would of won, ever think of that? of course not.. just like how you never bother to think of me anymore  :crying

your right, this wasnt Joses fault... im not gonna put the blame on him... LA should have scored more runs.. im sorry flip, forgive me? :wub:

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:18 AM)
the Giants scored the go-ahead run against the Dodgers on an error by jose Valentin, who is now trying to become George Brett at third base.

I have a feeling the move from Beltre to Valentin ain't gonna be well received in LA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250405126

Not surprising,,,,,,,,,they don't call him E-6 for nothing.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Wow what a night for Jose.  Expect him to strike out 4 times tomorrow.

All they have to do is feed him a steady diet of lame ass curveballs and he'll probably do just that. I was at the game against the Rangers when he K'd 4 times on that very same pitch. The last time he was up I screamed at him from about 100 feet away.........

"Don't swing at the curveball!!!!"

He K'd on the very next pitch........a curveball.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
All they have to do is feed him a steady diet of lame ass curveballs and he'll probably do just that.  I was at the game against the Rangers when he K'd 4 times on that very same pitch.  The last time he was up I screamed at him from about 100 feet away.........

Did you ever think that maybe he tried to do that to prove you wrong, errrr, right, errr................? :bang

I lost my train of thought

Anyone else notice Jose was batting right-handed?

The Valenstache is back to switch-hitting again...

Feb. 25, 2005 - 5:36 am et

Jose Valentin, who batted exclusively from the left side last season, has been asked to give switch-hitting another try this spring.

The Dodgers will check out his right-handed swing and determine whether he should keep it or not. Either way, Valentin won't be getting many at-bats against lefties. He hit .191 against them last year and .163 over the last three years.

Source:  Los Angeles Times

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
All they have to do is feed him a steady diet of lame ass curveballs and he'll probably do just that.  I was at the game against the Rangers when he K'd 4 times on that very same pitch.  The last time he was up I screamed at him from about 100 feet away.........

I'm with ya Nuke. For about 3 years I have been wondering why any pitcher ever throws him a fastball. Its quite simple, he couldn't hit a curveball if his life depended on it. Just give it time till the NL figures it out.

Then again, he was in the AL for the past few years and even last year pitchers were stupid enough to try and sneak a fastball by him.