Star Wars Fans Line up at wrong theater

Texsox

Linktopgraphy Here

If a movie isn't playing at a theater, will its fans still line up outside? For "Star Wars" fans, the answer is a befuddling yes.

Saturday, 46 days before "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opens on May 19, the trilogy's enthusiasts began their vigil outside Grauman's Chinese Theater.

Problem is 20th Century Fox doesn't plan to open the film at the Chinese, opting instead for the ArcLight a few blocks east.

"Star Wars" or no, the diehards are resolute about keeping their line on Hollywood Boulevard.

More at linkgraphone above

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
They could be having sex with each other... :bang

Imagine the pick up lines;

Do it or I'll go all Yoda on you.

At least I don't sound like C3PO.

Don't make me get my collectors edition double edged lightsaber.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Do you think there are prostitutes walking around outside the Chinese Theater offering their "services" in exchange for an original Millenium Falcon?

Maybe if they were dressed like Wookies; :bang

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
What exactly is so special about these movies. I mean I haven't seen even one of them and personally never care to see one. What is so good about them.

3 words. Jar Jar Binks. :nono

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
What exactly is so special about these movies. I mean I haven't seen even one of them and personally never care to see one. What is so good about them.

To be honest most of you on here are probably too young to get it. The Star Wars movies were something that completely changed a genre of entertainment. They were the Beatles of sci-fi. They did things that had never been done, and you have to put it into the context of 1977 to understand it. It's just like watching War of the Worlds today, and thinking it was just another crappy black and white movie.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
To be honest most of you on here are probably too young to get it.  The Star Wars movies were something that completely changed a genre of entertainment.  They were the Beatles of sci-fi.  They did things that had never been done, and you have to put it into the context of 1977 to understand it.  It's just like watching War of the Worlds today, and thinking it was just another crappy black and white movie.

Libertyville Theater, Tuesday Night, about 60 people in the theater. There aren't too many movies that I remember when and where I saw them 25+ years later.