Empty stadium

FlaCWS

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
It's day 2 of the season after a thrilling opening day win, against a division rival on a nice day... and the join is absolutely barren. What am I missing here? Is it a built-in reluctance of this fan base to believe in the team this early? Or is this what we can expect the rest of the year?

Seriously, I thought the fan base was a little energized after this offseason.

Dude if you state your opinion here you will be bashed. Then if you start an argument with a moderator it is all over. All the sheep will come and help. So you will lose this argument 10 out of 10 times.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Dude if you state your opinion here you will be bashed. Then if you start an argument with a moderator it is all over. All the sheep will come and help. So you will lose this argument 10 out of 10 times.

No, its just you.

Some people know their s***, and some just think they do.

Edited by YASNY

:crying :crying :sleep

Baaahaahaa!

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)

I don't even get that. Did I start an argument?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Last year's second home game attendance: 11,765

nothing new.

Still, I'm not exactly feeling good about the freaking Tigers and Pirates out-drawing us on a 75-degree afternoon in April...

KC @ DET: 14,168

MIL @ PIT: 12.077

CLE @ SOX: 10,520

Fortunately, we don't play like them. :gosox3:

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)

As message boards go this one is pretty mellow. If you don't take yourself too seriously you should be OK. Plus this place actually has posters that know their stuff. You can learn a thing or two, and this coming from I'm sure one of the older members.

On another note, for all my life (looong time) the Sox have never been a big draw in April or May. If the Sox are contenders the Cell ( can't stand that name) will rock in the dog days of summer. Sox fans are loyal, but they aren't sheep. I don't like JR particularly, but enough. He ain't going nowhere, and I want a reason to get pysched this year. I think this team can surprise a lot of people.

Edited by Yossarian

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Still, I'm not exactly feeling good about the freaking Tigers and Pirates out-drawing us on a 75-degree afternoon in April...

KC @ DET: 14,168

MIL @ PIT: 12.077

CLE @ SOX: 10,520

Fortunately, we don't play like them. :gosox3:

They're outdrawing in Detroit I bet because Redwings season ticket holders probably got a bunch of free Tigers tickets.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
They're outdrawing in Detroit I bet because Redwings season ticket holders probably got a bunch of free Tigers tickets.

We bought a package for the All Star game and they gave us our choice of 3 additional free games.

baaaaa, actually argue with mods all you want. Beware of admins, they can sentence you to banishment or worse, the MLB boards. :D Mods are designed to get beat up. We're the air bags for admins. That's why Southsider is such a good looking young man.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
baaaaa, actually argue with mods all you want. Beware of admins, they can sentence you to banishment or worse, the MLB boards.  :D Mods are designed to get beat up. We're the air bags for admins. That's why Southsider is such a good looking young man.

The dreaded mlb board :banghead

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
It's day 2 of the season after a thrilling opening day win, against a division rival on a nice day... and the join is absolutely barren. What am I missing here? Is it a built-in reluctance of this fan base to believe in the team this early? Or is this what we can expect the rest of the year?

Seriously, I thought the fan base was a little energized after this offseason.

Only Cub fans are unemployed and have time to make it to day games.

Not that this is related to the topic of home attendence but surpise to me, The Sox are last in the league at pct. of filling up the stadium on the road. I think that it must be that we play the twins, tigers, indians, and royals 19 times each or whatever it is. And Those 4 staudiums don't draw too well.

QUOTE(Be Good @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Not that this is related to the topic of home attendence but surpise to me, The Sox are last in the league at pct. of filling up the stadium on the road.  I think that it must be that we play the twins, tigers, indians, and royals 19 times each or whatever it is.  And Those 4 staudiums don't draw too well.

dang that sucks. I didn't realize that. But it is true that the other 4 teams don't draw well either.