Twins make fun out of the Sox

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
:lolhitting That is pretty good though. I hope this team can finally beat them. It's not like I hate them more than before. I've always had hate for the Twins. At the same time I have had respect for them, I always seem to manage a couple Twins on my fantasy team. This year I'm Twin free! Must be an omen lol.

A nice little 3 game sweep of the upcomming series should quiet those assholes for a while.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
They've earned the right to make fun of the Sox. I thought the Us vs. Them ad the Sox had last year, making fun of the Cubs was pretty funny. I also thought the AM 1000 ad on a building outside of Wrigley Field several years ago which stated major league baseball was played 8.1 miles south was hysterical. It probably did go a little too far, and the White Sox ask AM 1000 to change it. So if you are upset about it, remember our team has used the same kind of thing.

I think that Billboard might have been my favorite ad of all time. It was absolutely hilarious

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
They've earned the right to make fun of the Sox. I thought the Us vs. Them ad the Sox had last year, making fun of the Cubs was pretty funny. I also thought the AM 1000 ad on a building outside of Wrigley Field several years ago which stated major league baseball was played 8.1 miles south was hysterical. It probably did go a little too far, and the White Sox ask AM 1000 to change it. So if you are upset about it, remember our team has used the same kind of thing.

Its all bulletin board material. Stuff like that helps us at least as much as it helps them.

That being said I rolled on the floor laughing when I first heard about the 8.1 miles south billboard.

I'm a bartender, so I've already seen that ad plenty of times, each time with someone laughing and asking, "Is that yours?"

The Twins also have an ad which they are running on bus stops near colleges and universities in the area with a college-aged kid wearing a Sox cap and jersey, hanging from a coat hook with a wedgie.

It's for their student nights, and it explains that they will even sell to Sox fans.

It's worth a chuckle or two, I guess.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I'm a bartender, so I've already seen that ad plenty of times, each time with someone laughing and asking, "Is that yours?"

The Twins also have an ad which they are running on bus stops near colleges and universities in the area with a college-aged kid wearing a Sox cap and jersey, hanging from a coat hook with a wedgie. 

It's for their student nights, and it explains that they will even sell to Sox fans.

It's worth a chuckle or two, I guess.

Yeah I see them all the time up here and have to admit they are pretty funny ads...both the jersey one on TV and the billboards.

Off topic for a second...where do you bartend at up here?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)

Agree with ya. As far as I'm concerned thats great advertising by the Twins and pretty damn funny too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
Agree with ya. As far as I'm concerned thats great advertising by the Twins and pretty damn funny too.

Nothing wrong with that. Maybe all the Twins fans will buy Sox stuff to clean their toilets. Could be good for JR's bottom line. Then again, maybe Boyer should ask for permission to use the idea ... using a Cubs jersey.

Edited by YASNY