Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Yeah.  My only defense of Politte is that he gets thrown into the game in horrible situations.  This inning is really Cotts' fault.

I agree, but isnt that what relievers get paid for. I mean most relievers unless they are in mop up work or when a pitcher gets tired are thrust into positions of danger. Plus this guy was a closer before, he should be used to the pressure of being a 7th inning guy. He has a great arm but gets behind in the count. Last year when he was going well he would get ahead with the fastball and then get them out. He was aggressive and showed no fear. In the early going last year, he was like he is now, timid careful about not making a mistake then gets himself into a 2-0 count or 3-1 count. Ozzie should just sit the guy down and say be aggressive in the strikezone, dont pitch thinking about making mistakes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but isnt that what relievers get paid for.  I mean most relievers unless they are in mop up work or when a pitcher gets tired are thrust into positions of danger.  Plus this guy was a closer before, he should be used to the pressure of being a 7th inning guy.  He has a great arm but gets behind in the count.  Last year when he was going well he would get ahead with the fastball and then get them out.  He was aggressive and showed no fear.  In the early going last year, he was like he is now, timid careful about not making a mistake then gets himself into a 2-0 count or 3-1 count.  Ozzie should just sit the guy down and say be aggressive in the strikezone, dont pitch thinking about making mistakes.

True. My main point is that Cotts was the guy that made that inning scary.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
True.  My main point is that Cotts was the guy that made that inning scary.

At least Thriller isnt pitching for the sox anymore. Everytime he came in I turned to my wife to say I am closing my eyes tell me when the home run lands.