Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Juan Gone not playing this series? Didn't he get signed by the Indians?

Latest News  Mar. 31, 2005 - 1:58 pm et

Indians placed outfielder Juan Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.

''He's frustrated,'' manager Eric Wedge said. ''He believes this is the best thing to do right now. It's a long season. We want to give him a chance to get back to 100 percent.'' Gonzalez last played on Sunday, so he'll be eligible to come off the DL on April 11. However, we wouldn't count on him being ready then.

It's time to retire Juan-Gone. :headshake

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
Damn dude, you are going to rival Anthrax with that man-crush you have for Vinny. :P

Convince me he is not better than Crede and I will back off. :bang

Or convince me there is someone out there at 3B we can get better than Vinny (be reasonable now). If Randa continues to play well, I have no probs, but I do not see that happening.

And 3M per year for 2 years is not that bad. Again, we can always make the Nationals pick up some of that salary by giving them a mid tier prospect.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Convince me he is not better than Crede and I will back off.  :bang

Or convince me there is someone out there at 3B we can get better than Vinny (be reasonable now). If Randa continues to play well, I have no probs, but I do not see that happening.

And 3M per year for 2 years is not that bad. Again, we can always make the Nationals pick up some of that salary by giving them a mid tier prospect.

I dont think Nationals and picking up salary should be used in the same sentence. but i do think Vinny would be a solid stop-gap IF...IF...IF joe cant get it together. its only been 3 games people and he is batting higher than Aaron.

Convince me he is not better than Crede and I will back off.  :bang

You want to replace Crede with someone that's even slower? I'd rather just play Ozuna at 3B.