Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
You want to replace Crede with someone that's even slower?  I'd rather just play Ozuna at 3B.

So it does not matter that he had 35 HRs last year, 21 of them outside Coors....all that matters is speed now? :huh: :nono

We should cut Frank and Kong and Pierz too then?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Convince me he is not better than Crede and I will back off.  :bang

Or convince me there is someone out there at 3B we can get better than Vinny (be reasonable now). If Randa continues to play well, I have no probs, but I do not see that happening.

And 3M per year for 2 years is not that bad. Again, we can always make the Nationals pick up some of that salary by giving them a mid tier prospect.

Was it his .218 ave or .281 obp last year away from Coors that makes you think that?

He might be better, but he is not $6 million better than Joe away from Coors Field.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Was it his .218 ave or .281 obp last year away from Coors that makes you think that?

He might be better, but he is not $6 million better than Joe away from Coors Field.

I thought his contract was 3M a year ....and it is not your money is it?

And what were Randa's s the last few years?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
So it does not matter that he had 35 HRs last year, 21 of them outside Coors....all that matters is speed now?  :huh:  :nono

We should cut Frank and Kong and Pierz too then?

Who cares about home runs we will hit over two hundred as it stands right now. Look at castilla's three year splits along with cruddy's. Only difference is he hit 17 more home runs four huindred or so more at-bats

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
I thought his contract was 3M a year ....and it is not your money is it?

And what were Randa's s the last few years?

Its a two year deal at $3 million a year. It might not be my money, but it might mean someone else either would not have gotten signed, or someone else might have gotten traded, as we added $10 million in payroll this year.

I have no idea about Randa, I was talking about Vinny.