Exhausted Penn wants time out

KipWellsFan

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12...1453399,00.html

Super-busy Sean Penn has thrown in the towel and wants to take time out from the Hollywood treadmill. Filming on All The King's Men, the political thriller based on Robert Penn Warren's bestselling novel, which is itself based on the career of governor Huey Long of Louisiana, reportedly left him with such severe exhaustion that he wants to retire from the movie industry for several years to recover. The actor has been in a string of high-profile roles in recent years, including his Oscar-winning turn in Mystic River and critically-acclaimed performance in 21 Grams. British audiences are soon to see him in The Assassination of Richard Nixon and The Interpreter.

Maybe some rest will calm his nerves.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

:headbang :notworthy

Who could have guessed that the star of one of my favorite comedies ever would turn out to have ZERO sense of humor?

If Sean Penn married Renee Zellweger, their kids' faces would be so puckered that they'd be inside out....

Going to work everyday and getting pampered. Having an assistant do most of your work. Getting paid millions of dollars to repeat lines. Wow. he should take a break. We should be so lucky. Maybe he can pick up a sense of humor during his "retirement." :crying

I've never seen Sean Penn be anything but great in most of his films. He doesn't bend over and take too many 'Hollywood' blockbuster type roles. Aside from the few mentioned, he was great in: Carlitos Way, Dead Man Walking, I am Sam, Casualties of War etc. The guy is a brillaint actor. If you don't like him or his poltics, that's your problem.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
The guy is a brillaint actor. If you don't like him or his poltics, that's your problem.

Maybe he is.. and personally I don't care about his politics.. but when a pampered millionaire cries about being tired I have no sympathy. I interprete that's what most in this thread are saying and not basing anything on his political offiliation.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
Going to work everyday and getting pampered. Having an assistant do most of your work.  Getting paid millions of dollars to repeat lines.  Wow. he should take a break.  We should be so lucky.  Maybe he can pick up a sense of humor during his "retirement."    :crying

:notworthy I was thinking WTF a couple years to recuperate?? Who does he think he is, Michael Jordan? How about a couple weeks and get back to being a productive member of society?

I like SS idea, how aout some time in Iraq to sooth those nerves, or maybe working a 9-5 and worrying about $4 per gallon gas by summer. :violin cry me a river :crying

That article has no direct quotes from him, so for me, it's iffy to begin with. In the past, he has said that he loves acting but hates Hollywood. I would imagine the 'exhuastion' is more along the lines of being fed up and having to deal with Hollywood. Besides, belive it or not, acting can be tiring work. Not in the same way that construction work is tiring, but it can wear you down, mentally and emotionally.

Not his political affiliation? "I hear Iraq is nice this time of year", sounded like a shot at his very anti war stance to me. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Not his political affiliation? "I hear Iraq is nice this time of year", sounded like a shot at his very anti war stance to me. :huh

I was thinking it was more that there are far worse jobs and places to work.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
I replied based on how I took that remark,  :huh , if it wasn't meant that way, I take mine back.

I'm not certain how SS meant it, so we have a meaning of a meaning of meaning. To be honest, I'm not a Sean Penn watcher and didn't know if he was a hawk or dove. I just know that 99.99% of the world population would love to have his career and lifestyle. If it was reported he wanted to take a couple months off, I could see that, but a couple years??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
That article has no direct quotes from him, so for me, it's iffy to begin with. In the past, he has said that he loves acting but hates Hollywood.  I would imagine the 'exhuastion' is more along the lines of being fed up and having to deal with Hollywood. Besides, belive it or not, acting can be tiring work. Not in the same way that construction work is tiring, but it can wear you down, mentally and emotionally.

You say tomatoe.. I say tamatoe...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm not certain how SS meant it, so we have a meaning of a meaning of  meaning. To be honest, I'm not a Sean Penn watcher and didn't know if he was a hawk or dove. I just know that 99.99% of the world population would love to have his career and lifestyle. If it was reported he wanted to take a couple months off, I could see that, but a couple years??

I've wanted to take a couple of years off from work, why can't he? I can see the point that he has the luxury to be able to do it, but to say he can't possibly be that exahausted? Again, he hasn't said anything, so it doesn't sound like he wants anyone's pity. It's similar to athletes, there is a lot of jeaulosy due to the big money they make. It's still a job and they're still people. Being paid a lot of money doesn't make any you more resilient, maybe more tolerant of bulls***, but not more resilient. Whatever, didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat. :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
I've wanted to take a couple of years off from work, why can't he? I can see the point that he has the luxury to be able to do it, but to say he can't possibly be that exahausted? Again, he hasn't said anything, so it doesn't sound like he wants anyone's pity. It's similar to athletes, there is a lot of jeaulosy due to the big money they make. It's still a job and they're still people. Being paid a lot of money doesn't make any you more resilient, maybe more tolerant of bulls***, but not more resilient. Whatever, didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat.  :D

Good point. I didn't think you were jumping down anyone's throat. He does have that right and that opportunity and we probably shouldn't condemn him for that unless he tries to collect unemployment compensation

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Good point. I didn't think you were jumping down anyone's throat. He does have that right and that opportunity and we probably shouldn't condemn him for that unless he tries to collect unemployment compensation

:lolhitting Even that check would probably be fatter than most.