Paulie and Dye's homerun power

Jabroni

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Carl Everett started the ninth-inning uprising with a line shot to right, and Paul Konerko followed with a 409-foot home run to left on a 1-0 pitch to cut the deficit to 3-2. It was the White Sox's first long ball of the new season.

Their second home run came on the next pitch, as Jermaine Dye's 402-foot blast tied the game at 3. It was Dye's sixth home run in 29 career games at U.S. Cellular Field.

:cheers

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
I predict close to 80 hr's between the two of them this season.

I'd doubt that. Dye would probably hit around 30 HR's I'd say, sumwhere in b/w 25 and 35 I'd be pleased him, so long as he can about .280, and cut down on the K's. Konerko should have about 40 again, but he doesn't have as much protection in the lineup as last season, but it shouldn't affect him greatly.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
I'd doubt that. Dye would probably hit around 30 HR's I'd say, sumwhere in b/w 25 and 35 I'd be pleased him, so long as he can about .280, and cut down on the K's. Konerko should have about 40 again, but he doesn't have as much protection in the lineup as last season, but it shouldn't affect him greatly.

Yeah, I just thought about it. I'll go more towards 70. Which would be fantastic.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
That's what I don't understand about the people who said this team is devoid of power hitters.  We have Everett, Kong and Dye healthy and they can hit a homerun anytime, plus we have AROW & Uribe who can tee one up quite a few times themselves.

The White Sox offense is good, it will shock a lot of people. I have a good feeling about this season.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 05:19 AM)
Agreed.

Again, it isnt the Offense i have my early season concerns about. Its the right arms of Jose Contreras and El Duque that worry me the most.

More like El Duque's right arm and the space between Contreras' ears.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Paulie, always the team player -- "Freddy and the bullpen won that game for us."

If you go to whitesox.com and watch the free plays of the game video clips, the Dye home run shows a view of the Sox dugout when Jermaine hits the ball and Paulie immediately goes nuts when the ball is hit. It was good to see.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
If you go to whitesox.com and watch the free plays of the game video clips, the Dye home run shows a view of the Sox dugout when Jermaine hits the ball and Paulie immediately goes nuts when the ball is hit.  It was good to see.

I saw the HR replays, Pauly's pitch was a centercut fastball that deserved to go 500 feet. Dye's HR was on something with a nasty down and in break to it. That was a great piece of hitting to hit that pitch as hard as he did, as it had dribbler to 3rd written all over it.