Mariotti's bash job

FlaCWS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

weren't the Indians supposed to be a major threat to the Sox, in fact a lot of people picked them over the Sox.  So winning 2 games against this team at any time in the season is a positive in my opinion.

IMO they still are.. like everyone has said it is still early come June/July time I feel we lose Yesterdays game.. for a reason some mention on Yesterdays Giants/Dodgers game..

Most RP were not used in game like situations,during ST so for the first couple of weeks ur RP is going to have some issues. Take a look at Rivera in NY, first time in his carrer that he blown 2 saves, I think that has something to do with it.

I still fear the Indians more than the Twins this year, they have a decent roation, Milwood addressed alot of questions yesterday, and pitched a gem..Westbrook did as well opening day. And Cle was close to 2 wins.

Edited by AnthraxFan93

Typical and nothing surprising. Sometimes he's right on, this time he appears very whiny. I think he's been writing this one in his mind for months and looked for any opportunity to publish it.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
IMO they still are.. like everyone has said it is still early come June/July time  I feel we lose Yesterdays game.. for a reason some mention on Yesterdays Giants/Dodgers game..

Most RP were not used in game like situations,during ST so for the first couple of weeks ur RP is going to have some issues. Take a look at Rivera in NY, first time in his carrer that he blown 2 saves, I think that has something to do with it.

I still fear the Indians more than the Twins this year, they have a decent roation, Milwood addressed alot of questions yesterday, and pitched a gem..Westbrook did as well opening day. And Cle was close to 2 wins.

Um ... Rivera blew two consecutive saves in the ALCS. So that's 4 in row now.

Cleveland was close to two wins ... but when you look at the standings, they have 2 L's

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
He is an opinion-based reporter, who only writes articles base on his feelings at the time.  Trust me, he wont be talkin about the sox like this when the cubs are losing to AZ

Um ... (two posts in a row using that) ... The Cubs are losing to AZ and mariotti is talking about the Sox.

Can't really argue with this:

That's it, blame others for your past problems. Never mind that Reinsdorf, in 25 years of Sox ownership, never has won an American League pennant and has exactly three postseason victories. Never mind that his team has won the AL Central only once the last 10 years, even though it's filled with middle- and small-market teams. It's always someone else's fault.

Mariotti has some points in this article that are valid, but we'll have to see how the season plays out obviously.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Can't really argue with this:

Mariotti has some points in this article that are valid, but we'll have to see how the season plays out obviously.

the only thing I would say is that the Cubs haven't won a pennent either.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
the only thing I would say is that the Cubs haven't won a pennent either.

You beat me to it.

Or the Bears.

Or the Hawks.

Correct me if I'm wrong...doesn't JR own the 6 time world champion Bulls?

Edited by mreye

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
You beat me to it.

Or the Bears.

Or the Hawks.

Correct me if I'm wrong...doesn't JR own the 6 time world champion Bulls?

You'd be right there. He loves the Bulls but hates the Sox. Kinda crazy if you ask me, but he's probably just a Jordan lover and nothing else.

Read Marriotti's column about Illinois' amazing comeback against Arizona, how they didn't panic, how much heart they had. Then read how the Sox amazing comeback is just luck. His personal vendetta against JR and now Hawk is making his columns even sillier than they were before. Could you imagine the negative spin he would put on it if the Sox ever won anything? The Sun-Times, if they had any credibility, would remove this joke immediately.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Did you catch the thing about Buerhle leaving the dugout to go to a suite during the game? Was this something everyone but me knew about? Anyone else know any details about it?

BTW Mariotti sucks. It'll be interesting to see if he gets his radio job back from WMVP if the Sox jump to the Score.

If he did it.. apparently it wasn't a big deal to his manager - who is all that matters in that situation - and not news.

I haven't read one of his articles for six months and if your a Sox fan I suggest you do the same. He just repeats the same thing about every team year in and year our. Plug in a few new names. I'll guarantee he will contradict everything he said, outside of bashing Reinsdorf, within the next two months. He's as predictable as a Dusty Baker interview.