FlaCWS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
He wrote a different article just a few days ago saying we won't be in the playoffs because we have no offense.

I'd love to meet Jay in a dark alley...

How about in a parking lot! Bring along an old wheelchair, some crazy glue and lighter fluid. We'll 'Freddy Lounds' him. :o :finger

I the way home yesterday I threw on 1000AM. The three dingbats were going on and on about the Reinsdorf interview and how the Sox (and they mentioned Boyer's name specifically) set the whole thing up and that Reinsy knew what the questions were gonna be. Nothing like beating a dead horse and this was after the 9th inning Sox win and that was all they could talk about. It reminded me why I don't listen to that show.

I know, not topic related, but close enough lol.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
No, Its looking at both sides of the coin.. Yeah I am a sox fan, but I don't close my eyes to see what the truth is.. Most do, they let their Loyaity cloud the truth.

So using your logic...

If the Sox won the 7th game of the World Series the same way.

It would suck, because they should have lost it.

:headshake

Jay Mariotti takes steroids. How else would he get such a big head with his crappy writing? I say we take measurements of his hat size 3 years ago and today, fine him 10k, suspend him from the Suntimes for 10 days and punch him in the FACE!@#$!@ :stick

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Umm.. did Paul not lead the team last year with 41 homers (going from memory here so please don't kill me if I'm off by a few...  :ph34r: ) ?

That can't be true Steff.

We lost all of our power in the off-season. Damn you KW!!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I was comparing offenses. We did not go from a A+ power team to a A+ speed, small ball offense. We went to a B or C+ small ball offense, because we needed to spend that money on pitching. I should have been clearer. Of course that also supports one of Mariotti's complaints, that of the role of money in all this.

I realize you were comparing offenses. That was the point. You should be comparing the teams. When you mention dropping power and OBP doesn't fit, in itself, that is accurate. When you consider dropping runs against into the equation, then it does.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Of course that also supports one of Mariotti's complaints, that of the role of money in all this.

I we consider that the Sox's payroll is $10 million higher than last year, Moronotti's claim that these deals were financially-motivated is nothing but a reach.

You cheered in the stands, I laughed in the press box. After emphasizing all winter the need for Smallball, Dinkball, Ozzieball, Duck Snortball -- and going so far to build a FUNdamentals deck, where kids can race against a mechanical Scott Podsednik (while learning improper English from a mechanical Hawk Harrelson) -- the White Sox won a game Wednesday with two home runs and two long outfield blasts in the ninth inning.

It doesn't matter HOW the Sox win, but just that they GET those wins. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know this. This whole article perplexes me, tho I have tried to stop letting Moronotti get to me.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
I realize you were comparing offenses.  That was the point.  You should be comparing the teams. When you mention dropping power and OBP doesn't fit, in itself, that is accurate.  When you consider dropping runs against into the equation, then it does.

Management (KW, OG, JR) has discussed this offense being better. When they say this *team* is better, I would tend to agree. When they claim this *offense* is better, I am much less likely to agree.

There are two different issues here. When management talks about replacing a power orientated offense with one that is built around "small ball" then we should compare offense to offense. When they compare last year's team to this then we should compare teams.

I didn't mean to ignite a controversy. Based on payroll, the team took from the offense to build the defense, especially pitching. To avoid stating the obvious to diehard Sox fans, they divert attention away by talking about a changing style of *offense* and avoiding the prolonged scoring slumps that power hitting may cause. Too bad we couldn't have improved the pitching and the offense. But that's small or split market baseball.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
Wow, can someone tell this guy it's only two games into the season? Good lord...

Mariotti's column...

I'm not even going to dignify this asshole by reading this hack job. We're on the verge of a sweep and this cock biter is running his mouth. When his flubbies can take their hands away from their throats and play some baseball then he can come talk to me.

:fyou Moronatti!

"You cheered in the stands, I laughed in the press box."

A direct diss towards White Sox fans.

What a f***ing asshole.

Can he not even wait til they're losing to write this s***? I mean, it was a win. As it has been said, the only stat that counts is W's and L's...

It's just sad. It may sell papers, but it's classless and will hopefully give the sun-times the negative reputation that they deserve for allowing a writer to basically call a whole fan base idiots for cheering on a win because he seems to know that the final outcome will be bad.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
"You cheered in the stands, I laughed in the press box."

A direct diss towards White Sox fans.

What a f***ing asshole.

Can he not even wait til they're losing to write this s***?  I mean, it was a win.  As it has been said, the only stat that counts is W's and L's...

It's just sad.  It may sell papers, but it's classless and will hopefully give the sun-times the negative reputation that they deserve for allowing a writer to basically call a whole fan base idiots for cheering on a win because he seems to know that the final outcome will be bad.

Which is funny, because he never goes to Sox games. It is well noted that he has been two Comiskey one single time ever.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
I'm not even going to dignify this asshole by reading this hack job.  We're on the verge of a sweep and this cock biter is running his mouth.  When his flubbies can take their hands away from their throats and play some baseball then he can come talk to me.

:fyou Moronatti!

Agreed! It's so obvious this guy has it in for JR and the Sox organization that the Sun-Times shouldn't let him cover the Sox :headshake

:gosox1:

I don't know if there's any such thing as winning lucky, or anything along those lines. Baseball is not a game of the clock, it's a game of innings. If you score 20 runs throughout the game or explode in the 8th, it's all the same. It's 20 runs.

Would I want to play that way all year? No. But good teams win early, late, in the middle, close ones, blowouts, every way. He works for a Chicago paper...he should be writing about the Cubs losing 2 of 3 to the Diamondbacks and Brandon Webb...not being negative about 1 of 3 teams who haven't lost yet.

I will say I wish we kept Lee and/or resigned Maggs.

At the same time I know it freed up money to bolster the rotation and I guess we can't have best of both worlds.

He didn't mention much about Frank and

if Frank comes back healthy that could solve

a lot of lineup woes.