Soo...

Steff

I went on that interview yesterday.. interesting at the very least.

The job is very appealing at first glance.. then I started asking some detailed questions..

The main objective of this job is to completely revamp the reporting style of the division.. the style they have been using for 13 years - which has been working. Previous to Emerson buying them (9 months ago) they tried to do things differently and failed miserably. I went through something like that here... it didn't work.. and we spent 7 months going back to the old way and fixing all the screw ups from the change. I wasn't driving that change so I slipped under the radar and just spent most of the time fixing others mistakes. But in this position I would be completely responsible for the change... and it's failure. I asked the woman that interviewed me.. after looking at the current format and a "vision" of the new format if she thought it was a good idea.. immediately she said no. So fo course my next question is "then why not voice that opinion"... she really didn't have an answer - which I found extremely disturbing. I'm way over-qualified for the job. It's basically an entry level position with much less involvement in financial and treasury duties (both of which I enjoy at this job), but would afford me a lot more time to focus on analysis stuff and less stress dealing with Agents (a huge plus). Overall.. the reduction in assignments I think would drive me nuts. I'm way busy here.. and sometimes I hate that because it's projects that the CFO and Controller should be doing.. but I would have as many posts as Jason and Mike if I didn't have those dutes.. :lol:

I got 13 calls from posting my resume, and 3 more interviews set up for next week. I'm gonna pass on this one. It seems to me they are just looking for a "fall guy" to come in, do all this work, fail, then fire for waisting time.. when they know from the get go that it's not going to work. Strange way to do business.. especially for the $ they are paying.

Fascinating...keep us posted I like to hear about job searching etc...as I am considering moving on from my current employer this summer...

You know anyone looking for an acct with two years experience currently taking review courses for the cpa??

I got a call the other day from a recruiter looking for someone with experience with capacitors and RF. First call in a long time. At my last job (up to about 6 months before the lay off), I was getting calls every other day. I miss them lol.