The Ultimate Warrior

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.dailycampus.com/news/2005/04/06...67.shtml?page=1

What group of self respecting Republicans believes that the best person to discuss their political ideology is a steroid abusing former pro wrestler who desperately needs money and refers to himself in the 3rd person using his wrestling gimmick? :lol:

PS: Critic, Showtime or anybody who would know -- I heard he actually changed his legal name to Warrior. True?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
PS: Critic, Showtime or anybody who would know -- I heard he actually changed his legal name to Warrior.  True?

looked him up so i could remember who he was. stumbled across his site. and this...

Hello, my name is Warrior (This is my full legal name).
Edited by Goldmember

"People like this should not be allowed to spat this off without being countered," said Geoff Traugh, a 4th-semester peace studies and political science major.

That is exactly the way I feel ..... about Ward f***ing Churchill.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
http://www.dailycampus.com/news/2005/04/06...67.shtml?page=1

What group of self respecting Republicans believes that the best person to discuss their political ideology is a steroid abusing former pro wrestler who desperately needs money and refers to himself in the 3rd person using his wrestling gimmick?  :lol:

PS: Critic, Showtime or anybody who would know -- I heard he actually changed his legal name to Warrior.  True?

I do! But I'm just a Republican, not a self respecting one, does that still count :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
That guy's website is a laugh riot!

He's a complete whackjob.

If you know anyone who has tapes of his days in wCw, do yourself a favor and check out some of his interview/tirades from those days.

He pins the needle to the red for unintentional comedy.

Is he the one that had Bon Jovi hair and weird face paint...? Used to run around the ring and growl.... grrrr... at the camera..?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
A little off topic...but if you are an adult and you watch this stuff and attend wrestling events, I think something's wrong with you.  Its all so absurd.

only if you take it seriously or as a sport :ph34r:

flame suit on

Warrior and his wife, Dana, who have been married for four years, have two girls, Indiana and Mattigan, and Warrior has been taken for their family name. Warrior says, "No matter that we live in contemporary times, when two people decide they want to rebuild family tradition, tradition not handed down by their own ancestors, they can, and it can be incredible." The family currently resides in New Mexico.

How would you like to be a kid in school and have your name as Warrior? This guy was a nut job 15 years ago and he is a nut job now. He was better off shaking the top ropes of the ring and trying to entertain people. He is insane.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
A little off topic...but if you are an adult and you watch this stuff and attend wrestling events, I think something's wrong with you.  Its all so absurd.

So I'm assuming then that you watch only documentaries and news programs, watch no comedy TV shows or films unless they are based on real-life stories, and only read non-fiction books? :P :D

It's a television show, and when done right, it's one of the more entertaining television shows out there. The heydays of Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Mick Foley, The Rock and Steve Austin ( among some others I'm sure I left out ) were some of the funniest television I have ever seen. When done badly ( the dying days of wCw, the current dying days of NWA-TNA, most indy federations ), it can be unbearable to watch.

If you believe that it's a real sport, or that the decision of who wins and loses is NOT made backstage, or that someone can take a chairshot to the head and not feel any ill effects.....it's not for you.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Pictures don't show up for me here at work.  :huh

Oooops, sorry, didn't know that.

Yeah, he had the red-and-yellow facepaint, the feathered hair, the "performance-enhanced" muscles and the little fringe thingys on his arms.

He was and is one seriously goofy dude.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)

You couldn't do it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
You couldn't do it.

that doesn't mean its not ridiculous. A bunch of guys pretending to beat each other up...don't get me wrong, I loved it when I was in grade school...but since then it all seems a little ridiculous.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
that doesn't mean its not ridiculous.  A bunch of guys pretending to beat each other up...don't get me wrong, I loved it when I was in grade school...but since then it all seems a little ridiculous.

Could it be that this is the worlds longest running April Fools Joke perpetuated on the American public?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Could it be that this is the worlds longest running April Fools Joke perpetuated on the American public?

The best thing is that they used to act like it was 100% real. I remember seeing John Stossel get tossed by a wrestler for asking about it being fake. Now they acknowledge its fake. Like we didn't know. :bang

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
The best thing is that they used to act like it was 100% real.  I remember seeing John Stossel get tossed by a wrestler for asking about it being fake.  Now they acknowledge its fake.  Like we didn't know. :bang

Hush your mouth. Some here still believe . . .

I can't stand Pro Wrestling, but being into Martial Arts, and being a fan of Martial Arts films, I can VERY easily appreciate the skill these people display in their jobs. My complete turning point was the ECW. The stuff those people did, and they maintained the "act" while doing the show, THAT was amazing. Realize that much of this stuff is done LIVE. Heck man, you see a baseball player get hit by a ball, and you see them wince in pain, roll on the ground and whatnot. These guys are friggin' jumping from 20' heights to crash on top of some other guy, then get up and throw him out of the ring. Not once do you see them show any signs of being hurt. It's is all quite amazing when you realize what is going on, act or not. You think your football players are tough? HA!