Ozzie shoots down Ozuna to 3rd base rumor

Jabroni

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Monday morning manager: Despite being only two games into the season, Guillen is already having to field questions about possible changes to his lineup.

When asked about a newspaper piece that mentioned a possible switch at third base from Joe Crede to Pablo Ozuna, Guillen chuckled then said, "There is a lot of managers in this town. This is why I love this town."

Guillen reaffirmed his faith in his third baseman and said that with the team's inability to produce hits in the first two games, the managerial calls from other people could go in any direction.

"When you're not going good, it's the same talk with replacing Podsednik for Timo [Perez] because [scott] Podsednik is 0-for-7 or replace [Tadahito] Iguchi for Willie [Harris]," Guillen said. "Obviously Ozuna is going to get some bats, but right now Joe Crede is my third baseman and he's going to be there as long as he tells me he can be."

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Neither do I.  So as long as Crede tells Ozzie he can play, even if he's hitting below the Mendoza line, he will still start at 3rd base? :huh

LOL, that's what jumped out at me too.

"Hey Oz, um I don't know how to tell you this, but, well you know it's September and I'm hitting like .185......I gotta level with you man, I don't think I can get it done. On top of that, the fans torched my car in the lot last night. I think maybe you otta go with someone else".

Crede deserves at least some time. Lets see what the guy can do. I've seen him look better this year and he's had a few hard hit balls. Still not where he needs to be, but by all means 3 games into the season isn't the time to make drastic lineup changes.

And what the hell he's talking about Pods or Iguchi. If they were benched this early in the season for Timo and Willie I'd be scared s***less cause they must stink.

Sox are going to be just fine. Actually I'm kind of happy, I figured when I got home last night the board would be all bitter over the loss, instead people took it as well as they could (considering they blew a 5-2 lead in the 9th and lost 11-5).