What is wrong with Joe Crede?

BridgeportHeather

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
At Sox fest, that jag Ed Famer hosted the forum with the players and their wives.

Rowand said that no one sleeps more than Crede, until Farmer said that Jon Garland sleeps more. Interestingly, if I had to guess which two players would sleep the most on the team, it would have been Crede and Garland.

They just have that lazt, passive air about themselves. Whether that relates to the field is another thing, but it sure comes across that way.

WTF does sleeping have to do with an athlete's performance? Mario Lemieux is known to take naps during the day. Does that mean that he doesn't get it done on the ice?

And what's your beef with Farmer? :huh:

I just was looking at chisox.com at Crede has more votes predicting him for 2005 MVP then Carl.

So we know Crede has more family members on the internet than Carl. :D

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
I just was looking at chisox.com at Crede has more votes predicting him for 2005 MVP then Carl.

So we know Crede has more family members on the internet than Carl.  :D

This was bound to be the case. Do you see any mention of the internet in the bible?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Actually, the rumor was Paulie for Odalis Perez when Paulie couldn't hit at all in 2003.  Thank God we didn't make that trade.

I dunno, I might have made that trade at the time...

I think Paully's poor performance on the road and Perez' overall ability to pitch (he'd probably put up worse numbers pitching here than in LA, but I still think it'd be a little lower than 4) -- especially considering the crap we had on the mound in the fifth starters' spot, it would have been a pretty equal trade.

I'm wondering what PK would have done at Dodger stadium last year. Sometimes I think he adjusts his swing playing at the Cell, knowing if you can get it in the air, there's a good chance of it being gone. But he was pretty bad away from the Cell.

Blah -- it's debatable, and I don't want to get into that (don't want to hijack the thread). It would be a good topic of debate, though.

Crede is just another overhyped Sox prospect. Not his fault that he sucks. We better trade for Vinny Castilla at 3M/yr if we really care about winning it all. You cannot beat the Yankees or Red Sox with any hole in your line up.

Like Borchard and all those pitchers for the last so many years (except Buerhle)

QUOTE(bogie @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
What is wrong is he continues to try and pull everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what is Ozzie-all-talk doing? Didn't he want non-selfish players on his team? Didn't he want players who go the opposite way when needed on the team?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Exactly.  What does that mean anymore?  Absolutely nothing.

The keyword in your post is "anymore". When a guy is coming up through the system, and performs as well as Crede did, expectations are going to be high ... and you are going to talk about this kid thirdbaseman in the minors ... All I'm saying is the Crede earned the hype ... At The Time!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
The keyword in your post is "anymore".  When a guy is coming up through the system, and performs as well as Crede did, expectations are going to be high ... and you are going to talk about this kid thirdbaseman in the minors ... All I'm saying is the Crede earned the hype ... At The Time!

And he is thisclose to hearing the hype again.

About the kid thirdbaseman in the minors :ph34r:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm still strongly supporting Crede. He'll turn it around. CREDE's CREW 2005!!!!!!

Well, I'm not "strongly supporting" Crede. I do think it's too early to give up on him. Of course, I said that about Rowand, Konerko and Lee when people were wanting to dump them for a bag of used baseballs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Exactly.  What does that mean anymore?  Absolutely nothing.

Hmm -- then why should Ozuna get the nod over Crede? Both have achieved a lot in the minors (Crede moreso), yet have done relatively nothing in the majors.

And, I'm willing to have Crede over at third until a better opportunity arises. Shea Hillenbrand at the trade deadline, perhaps? We have a long way to go, but I won't be mad if Crede only hits .240 or so -- I'm expecting that, anything above that is just gravy...

Well I mentioned this before & I would have to look up what the Marlins outfielders are doing but Everett is going to have high value & no place to play regularly when Thomas is back in form.

I'm again thinking along the lines of a Crede+Everett+prospect for Lowell trade. You're getting an all-star caliber player for a very productive outfielder & a high potential 3B plus a prospect. It helps the Marlins financially & a change of scenery might do Crede a world of good.

He still clearly has the tools defensively to be an all-star 3B. He just needs to figure out his ABs.