What is wrong with Joe Crede?

BridgeportHeather

Well I mentioned this before & I would have to look up what the Marlins outfielders are doing but Everett is going to have high value & no place to play regularly when Thomas is back in form.

I'm again thinking along the lines of a Crede+Everett+prospect for Lowell trade.  You're getting an all-star caliber player for a very productive outfielder & a high potential 3B plus a prospect.  It helps the Marlins financially & a change of scenery might do Crede a world of good. 

He still clearly has the tools defensively to be an all-star 3B.  He just needs to figure out his ABs.

Indeed. I would hate to trade Carl because he would be a stud bat off the bench once Frank is healthy. But with the way Crede is looking ONCE AGAIN, we will most likely need a good 3rd baseman by the All-Star break.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Taking their time: Contrary to one published report in a Chicago daily newspaper this week, general manager Ken Williams has no intention of making any significant changes to his roster in the near future.

"It's three games," said Williams, when asked if he had a timetable to follow in terms of replacing struggling players. "You don't even get to know a team for a couple of months.

"This is 162 games, plus 30 in Spring Training. It takes a couple of months before you know the identity of your team."

Hint: They are talking about Crede. :ph34r:

Edited by Jabroni

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Indeed.  I would hate to trade Carl because he would be a stud bat off the bench once Frank is healthy.  But with the way Crede is looking ONCE AGAIN, we will most likely need a good 3rd baseman by the All-Star break.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Hint:  They are talking about Crede. :ph34r:

I doubt any trade with Feilds waiting in the wings Feilds looked very impressive tonight. He will be the future at 3rd

If the Sox are counting on Joe Crede to carry them, or need him to, they're in a s***load of trouble. The sox need him to have a .250 avg, and hit with some power while playing solid defense at 3B. He should be able to do this.

I know everyone is worried after 4 games, as he's hitting under .100. But can we let the "trade talk" rest a little, drop the torches and pitchforks, and put away the tar and feathers until after April or so?!?!

QUOTE(beck72 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 06:55 AM)
If the Sox are counting on Joe Crede to carry them, or need him to, they're in a s***load of trouble. The sox need him to have a .250 avg, and hit with some power while playing solid defense at 3B. He should be able to do this.

I know everyone is worried after 4 games, as he's hitting under .100. But can we let the "trade talk" rest a little, drop the torches and pitchforks, and put away the tar and feathers until after April or so?!?!

Stop being a reactionary! ;)

All in all, it's way too early to know what's going to happen with Crede. Personally I thought if he struggled the Sox may try to go after Joe Randa, but with the way he's hitting at the moment, he ain't going to come cheaply. Fields won't be ready until late next season at the earlies IMHO. His control of the strike zone still needs a lot of work, as does his fielding at 3rd. Let's not rush him like we did with another prospect, and we all know how that turned out.