Post office wants a rate increase

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Originally it was gonna be July of this year.  I've been waiting to see how much it's gonna cost me to send out the invites/thank yous.  :wacko:

That explains why mine hasn't arrived :rolly

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
It needs a passport or visa to get down there :bang

Ican sneak up north, it's not hard. I'll wait for the Minutemen to leave. BTW, do you think being called Minutemen is helping them get laid?

In defense of the US Postal service it is easily the best on the world and amazingly cheap for everyone. They can load up an airplane for New York to Chicago mail. But imagine that I can mail a letter in Los Fresnos, Texas and send it to Sleeping Bear, Alaska for .37 I'll bet that may be the only letter in the history of the world between those two places.

What really saves us is the bulk mailers. When you receive three or four pieces of direct mail, that pays the bills every day, the first class stuff is subsidized, in part, by the business mail.

When I was playing postal chess, in the pre-internet days, a requirement was to track time. I was surprised how consistent the Post Office was. Rarely did a piece of mail vary by more than one day. I remember a guy I was playing in Sandusky, OH. Every card took exactly 3 days to him. I have never had a piece of mail missing.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I'm sorry, that square is closed, you'll have to move your queen to the back of the line.

And BTW, Kap, there is standard chess notation; you probably meant to write Qe2 :P

The only difference between this and that was the post were slower to be read. Making friends, enjoying a shared interest. It was the precursor to Internet message boards.