Rudolph pleads guilty to Olympic bombing

southsider2k5

I wonder what Richard "Oh my God he has electrician's tape and thumb tacks he must be guilty" Jewell thinks of all this? Talk about a nightmare.

But three days after the national media hailed him as a hero, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution published a report naming the security guard as the FBI's leading suspect. Without naming its sources, the newspaper said that Jewell fit the agency's profile of the bomber -- a former law enforcement officer seeking the spotlight as a hero.

For weeks, reporters and camera crews camped outside Jewell's Atlanta apartment, capturing every move that he -- and the FBI -- made.

Newspapers carried reports that Jewell was a former police officer at a north Georgia college who had been asked to resign for an "over- zealous" attitude.

The FBI claimed to be investigating other suspects as well, but did not reveal their identities. And, despite the close scrutiny of Jewell and his environment, agents never released any evidence linking him to the bombing.

The plea deal calls for four consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Don't people only live ONE life??? So, then what's the point of having FOUR CONSECUTIVE life sentences??? These damn law people wanna complicate things too much!!!!

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
Don't people only live ONE life???  So, then what's the point of having FOUR CONSECUTIVE life sentences???  These damn law people wanna complicate things too much!!!!

He committed separate crimes. The alternative way would be to serve them all at once. This way, if by some weird case, the first sentence was voided, overturned, etc. then he could start serving the second one, then the third, then the fourth. The courts have used this as a way to eliminate people ever getting out.

Another way to think about this. If someone kills one person and the sentence would be "life" and he could be paroled in 30 years, and the courts didn't keep adding to the end, but instead stacked them, this guy could get out in 30 years for several murders.

I know this is making no sense, but fortunately, we have very smart people here who can decipher my ramblings.