Sox @ Twinkies: 4/9/05 Game Thread

I know there's few people on this threat tonight, but am I the only one not impressed with the Twins at all this year? I don't even care if I jinx the Sox tonight, I'm not impressed with the guys they've called up to replace their old starters. Bartlett looks like someone who you can jam whenever you want. Losing Silva will be a massive loss for them.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Anyone know Garland's pitch count?  Maybe I'm not the only one, but I don't have much confidence in Politte coming into a tie game, I'd stick with Garland.  He's made about two-three bad pitches today, I'd let him go one more...

Gameday says 84.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
I know there's few people on this threat tonight, but am I the only one not impressed with the Twins at all this year?  I don't even care if I jinx the Sox tonight, I'm not impressed with the guys they've called up to replace their old starters.  Bartlett looks like someone who you can jam whenever you want.  Losing Silva will be a massive loss for them.

I don't really think you can judge a team on two-and-a-half games, but maybe that's just me.

Come on Timo, clutch hit right here.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Anyone know Garland's pitch count?  Maybe I'm not the only one, but I don't have much confidence in Politte coming into a tie game, I'd stick with Garland.  He's made about two-three bad pitches today, I'd let him go one more...

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
I know there's few people on this threat tonight, but am I the only one not impressed with the Twins at all this year?  I don't even care if I jinx the Sox tonight, I'm not impressed with the guys they've called up to replace their old starters.  Bartlett looks like someone who you can jam whenever you want.  Losing Silva will be a massive loss for them.

I was thinking that. I also was thinking that the Sox caught a huge break or unbreak however you want to think about it, when Buerhle being out 6 weeks turned out to be a false alarm. Perhaps a sign of things to come.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
I just was reading through the entire thread, so I see now that Timo hits the HR no one is complaining about him being in the 5 hole

He still sucks and he still shouldn't be hitting 5th but it happened to work out alright.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Watching Crede this season, it amazes me that they've never tried a different loading mechanism for his swing.  He's having a terrible time getting the bat through the zone.  Why not try a leg kick or timing mechanism like Sosa used?

Or we could let our pitchers hit and use the DH for Crede. :puke

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
That was a good sign for Joe. I hope that knocks some of the bad luck outta him.

Heads, he looked good that AB. Fought off some tough pitches inside, layed off some tough changeups away, and when he got his pitch, he ripped it. Everyone's ripped the ball off of Radke this inning, except for Rowand -- and A-Row still got a hit.

Crain coming in?