Garland may not be able to go tomorrow.

JDsDirtySox

From Rotoworld:

Jon Garland, who is scheduled to start Saturday, returned to the hotel during Friday's game due to the flu. He's questionable to face the Twins.

If Garland can't go, the White Sox will use Mark Buerhle, who would be working on normal rest.

I really hope Jon is healthy and ready to go. I want to see him have a good game and get himself rolling.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Any chance a certain someone would get a spot start on Sunday instead of Freddy on short rest?

I highly doubt that, no need to bring him up for 1 start then send him back down. We don't want to jerk him around he's to special to be messing around with.

If its not too bad, but bad enough so where he can't go tomorrow, why wouldn't Garland just pitch on Sunday, while Burly pitches on Saturday. That way you don't have to move Freddy up and everybody would be back on normal rest with the off day on Tuesday.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
If its not too bad, but bad enough so where he can't go tomorrow, why wouldn't Garland just pitch on Sunday, while Burly pitches on Saturday. That way you don't have to move Freddy up and everybody would be back on normal rest with the off day on Tuesday.

Good point, I was to dumb to think of that :bang

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
From Rotoworld:

Jon Garland, who is scheduled to start Saturday, returned to the hotel during Friday's game due to the flu. He's questionable to face the Twins.

If Garland can't go, the White Sox will use Mark Buerhle, who would be working on normal rest.

I really hope Jon is healthy and ready to go.  I want to see him have a good game and get himself rolling.

Thats too bad. Rather have a healthy anyone else goin than a sick JG. Hopefully he can come back and pitch Sunday so we dont have to make Freddy go and 4 days rest and can keep everyone on their normal 5 day schedules.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)

That's a possibility, but the flu does sap your strength and endurance. If this effects Garland more than a day or two, Contreras would also have to pitch on 3 days rest on Monday. The day off on Tuesday should get everything back in sync, then they could drop Garland back in the rotation where they think is best.

This may actually help us. I'm pretty confident we could score enough runs for Buehrle against Radke to win tomorrow. In a Buehrle-Santana matchup, I could see us losing even on a great performance like 1-0, 2-1, something like that.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Speaking of possible pitching match ups, has anyone heard if we'll face Sabathia in Cleveland?

We will not be facing Sabathia in our series at the Jake. He just made his first start for their minor league team in Akron and isn't scheduled to start until the 17th against the Twins, where I hope he kills Minnesota to win me great fantasy points.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
We will not be facing Sabathia in our series at the Jake.  He just made his first start for their minor league team in Akron and isn't scheduled to start until the 17th against the Twins, where I hope he kills Minnesota to win me great fantasy points.

Thank you. That's good news.

I really hope Garland feels better tomorrow. Buerhle pitching is alright tomorrow because of the normal rest, then Garland going on Sunday wouldn't be terrible in my opinion. But what I don't want to see is the rotation go Buerhle, Garland, Garcia. So hopefully they'd fix it on their next day off.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
I really hope Garland feels better tomorrow. Buerhle pitching is alright tomorrow because of the normal rest, then Garland going on Sunday wouldn't be terrible in my opinion. But what I don't want to see is the rotation go Buerhle, Garland, Garcia. So hopefully they'd fix it on their next day off.

The order of the rotation is not a huge deal. Jose Contreras started out the year in the 3rd spot in the rotation; he is not our 3rd best starter. Some may argue he is not our 4th best starter, or even our 5th best starter...hell, there are arguments that he is not out 6th best starter. But that point is moot. He started the 3rd game of the year and will likely stay there until he is demoted/traded/injured.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
The order of the rotation is not a huge deal.  Jose Contreras started out the year in the 3rd spot in the rotation; he is not our 3rd best starter.  Some may argue he is not our 4th best starter, or even our 5th best starter...hell, there are arguments that he is not out 6th best starter.  But that point is moot.  He started the 3rd game of the year and will likely stay there until he is demoted/traded/injured.

He started the 3rd game of the year for two reasons:

1. He's been good at home and against Cleveland.

2: El Duque is a much better road & big game pitcher.

It certainly wasn't because Ozzie considered him our number 3 starter. Not saying you implied that, by any means, but several people have.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
He started the 3rd game of the year for two reasons: 

1.  He's been good at home and against Cleveland.

2:  El Duque is a much better road & big game pitcher.

It certainly wasn't because Ozzie considered him our number 3 starter.  Not saying you implied that, by any means, but several people have.

Just more things to add. It was a strategic move by Ozzie...and it has paid off very well thus far. We could very easily be 4-0 right now(though we really should still be 3-1, just having won and lost different games).