Garland may not be able to go tomorrow.

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
So, then, they would have to pitch... Hermanson on Sunday if Garland can't pitch today and is still sick on Sunday?

Certainly they wouldn't pitch Freddy on 3 days rest this early.

Starter by committee perhaps

Hermanson for 3 or 4...5 if we're lucky...Cotts for 2-3...then the rest of the pen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Just more things to add. It was a strategic move by Ozzie...and it has paid off very well thus far.  We could very easily be 4-0 right now(though we really should still be 3-1, just having won and lost different games).

As was moving Garland to #5 and take off some pressure. And it sees to be working, especially if it means he'll pitch on Sunday against a Cy Young winner in a nationally televised game

I'm guessing one extra day to rest and he's starting Sunday.

Maybe he looked at the bullpen after Thursday and decided to hide from OZ, they may have needed his arm :D

Edited by Texsox

Jul 1, 2004: JG earns a 2-1 win over Santana in the dome to close out that series. Could we see a repeat? I'd rather see Mark but I'm still confident if it's Jon.

I think they would have to call somebody up if he's not good to go for Sun.

Herm has already pitched 3 IN / 2 days & we still have the weekend. That means if you go short on Freddy then you have to go short on Contreras as well. But then how do we manage the call-up? Send someone down? Put them on the DL? It's a mess.

Seeing Adkins or BMC use up an option to battle Santana is a no win scenario as well. Let's just hope & pray for the best w Jon's health.

Seeing Adkins or BMC use up an option to battle Santana is a no win scenario as well.  Let's just hope & pray for the best w Jon's health.

That's not how it works.

Adkins was optioned to the minors before the season started, that means this entire year is an option assignment, only one option is used.

http://groups.msn.com/BaseballForum/mlbgen...ctionrules.msnw

Dangit, I wanted to see Buehrle vs Santana. Sucks JG got sick. I was looking foward to see him pitchin tonight. I think it gives us a better chance to win the whole series though. Santana had a bad April ERA last year and with 1 game pitched, he has a bad April ERA now. As long as it's ensured that we win today, I'm fine. I just wish we could showcase Buehrle as the best lefthander in the AL Central and probably the 2nd best in the league.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Dangit, I wanted to see Buehrle vs Santana. Sucks JG got sick. I was looking foward to see him pitchin tonight. I think it gives us a better chance to win the whole series though. Santana had a bad April ERA last year and with 1 game pitched, he has a bad April ERA now. As long as it's ensured that we win today, I'm fine. I just wish we could showcase Buehrle as the best lefthander in the AL Central and probably the 2nd best in the league.

Ehhh...I'll take Johan but Buehrle is definately damn near as good as it gets. He's so vastly underrated by people outside of Soxfandom.

Tonights matchup is going to be quite good as well. Radke has always done well against the Sox, mainly doing everything necessary to get the wins. Its gonna be a doozie.

Tomorrow it may just be Freddy, unless they feel JG is ready. Or they could push Bmac's start till Sunday. I don't know if they'd just call him up for one outing, but hey, you want to win, and one game may matter (even if it is in April). Problem is there really isn't a way to create the roster spot.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
id really rather have us call up Adkins on sunday... dont want to overwork any of our starters to begin the season and beating Santana is a long shot anyways.

Adkins would be on three days rest also... PLus he would require somebody to go on the DL..

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Adkins would be on three days rest also... PLus he would require somebody to go on the DL..

Thats the tough part, they'd have to create a roster spot. If Buehrle goes tonight hopefully he can go deep. Then you have some relievers available for Sunday.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Anything but another "bullpen day"...

I'd put money that it would either be Garland (Sox would just have him on a short leash) or you'd see Freddy on 3 days. Hermy wouldn't be able to go and a bullpen day won't only lose you the Sunday game, it would also cost you potentially the next couple games (even if they do have a day off right after) simply because you've worn out the pen.