Do the Bulls really need Eddy next year?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
its ok if you guys hate Eddy Curry... but you all are clearly letting your hate get in the way of all the positives EC does for the team.... and than say crap like he is going to suck again after his contract year with absolutely no proof... unless you know EC personally and he told you that after this year he is going to eat at McDonalds everyday what you say is void.

Exactly, Eddy has whipped himself into shape because he knows that he would be traded in an instant if he were to resort to his ways. And the guy has lost 30-40 pounds over the summer and gained more muscle. Don't tell me he has no work ethic. Skiles has even said it has improved. The only thing Skiles didn't like last offseason was that he was at Hoop the Gym playing with Jordan still.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
If you deny it when I say those weights are bulls*** well you are contradicting anything you've ever said about Curry losing weight.

well until someone can find out what tyson weighs, saying he gained 15-20 lbs is not a fact.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Trust me, the Bulls can win with Tyson starting and davis coming off the bench.  It's ridiculous to think they'd be worse that way.  In fact, they would be better.

I know Skiles is comfortable with his rotation and won't change it since it's been effective, but you don't know basketball if you think the Bulls would be worse with Tyson starting ahead of davis and getting more minutes. 

YOU'VE BEEN SAYING TYSON'S NUMBERS WOULD BE CLOSE TO BEN WALLACE'S WITH MORE MINUTES!  Are you just disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing?

I also would like to see Ben in there a little bit more, and earlier, provided his defense continues to improve.  Let's face it, the future is Ben and Kirk, not duhon...This applies to when we fall behind early and have to climb back up...

Lots of teams can matc antonio davis off the bench but tyson chandler? No. WHo else can bring a ben gordon off the bench? How about ben gordon and tyson chandler both off the bench? We get the lead with our bench not with our starters. I know i would pay davis 12.5 million something close to that this year and 14 million next year to come off the bench. I know, once more i should not care about money should just become a clippers fan, blah blah blah. Two years from now you will have yout wish but it is not coming any sooner unless davis gets injured.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Lots of teams can matc antonio davis off the bench but tyson chandler? No. WHo else can bring a ben gordon off the bench? How about ben gordon and tyson chandler both off the bench? We get the lead with our bench not with our starters. I know i would pay davis 12.5 million something close to that this year and 14 million next year to come off the bench. I know, once more i should not care about money should just become a clippers fan, blah blah blah. Two years from now you will have yout wish but it is not coming any sooner unless davis gets injured.

What I mean is I don't need to see reiner starting just because Skiles is too scared to go away from his norm. I saw the quotes.

Tyson deserved some starts with the recent injuries.

I think it'll be less than 2 years...

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
OT: Qwerty, we would like to find those dunking on shaq pics.  Someone mentioned randy brown. I think he is actually right, can't find that pic anywhere though.

At least one each for Duncan, KG, Shaq, and whoever you mentioned... :P

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
OT: Qwerty, we would like to find those dunking on shaq pics.  Someone mentioned randy brown. I think he is actually right, can't find that pic anywhere though.

http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread....11&page=1&pp=25

On this forum they discuss it and they keep going back and forth about brown. But they also named other guys who did it.

I am st ill not home ( check my ip adress for all i care) so i cannot look for them... pictures are hardly showing up on this piece of s***.

Ok I'll say it again. The issue is this;

Eddy Curry is NOT worth more than twice of what Samuel Dalemert is going to get. All this he's boxing out crap etc., doesn't hide the fact that he still can't rebound (they've gone down since last season), and isn't good as other aspects of his game other than scoring (the shooting guard in the center's mentality still remains).

Hammer said it right when O ' Brien has totally misused Dalembert this season, and he'll be bolting no doubt. Look at his stats late last season and after the all - star break this season;

POST ALL STAR BREAK - 11.2 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.83 blocks

GAMES IN APRIL 2005 - 14.6 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.20 blocks

POST ALL STAR BREAK 2004 - 9.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, 3.10 blocks.

My original scenario remains the same, you sign Dalembert and Marshall, not only does this improve in defense and rebounding, but Marshall dramatically improves your 3 point shooting, and is a good scorer as well. And they both could be probably had for the mid - level exception, but the Bulls are going to have to move around some contracts, like they did last year with JC and the Junkyard Dog.