Do the Bulls really need Eddy next year?

I dont care what they are down the stretch. He is a force in the post, especially in the East. With him improving upon this year, he can be the #2 center in the East, which sounds good to me. We need Eddy, I expect them to re-sign him after this season.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the irony, the irony peoples!!!!! :lol:

The Bulls are in Atlanta on Saturday, though the larger question may be whether Eddy Curry and/or Tyson Chandler will be there next season.

According to a league executive with knowledge of Atlanta's thinking, the Hawks have Curry, Chandler and the Sixers' Samuel Dalembert as their targets in free agency.

Atlanta could make a run at Curry like the Miami Heat did in 2003 for the Clippers' Elton Brand. The Clippers matched the maximum offer for Brand, and then the Heat signed fellow Clipper Lamar Odom. Some believed the Heat's plan all along was to extend the Clippers to the point that they wouldn't match on both with front-loaded contracts or large bonuses. Huge, front-loaded deals with bonuses for Curry and Chandler could take the Bulls out of the free-agent market for some time and make it difficult to add to the roster.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
but why mess with this team.... they obviously have great chemestry.... whatevr happened to, if it aint broken dont fix it.

They may be good, but you're always looking for ways to make your team even better. It's up to Pax and Skiles and the direction they want to take.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Oh the irony, the irony peoples!!!!!  :lol:

The Bulls are actually willing to pay over the luxury tax as long as they're winning. They're 11 million under the cap after this season. They could resign all their players and be right at the limit considering that Curry and Chandler will be BYC and only half their contracts will count towards the cap. So we could sign Othella and Duhon to longer deals. Same with 2006. We could resign the core guys, let go of Antonio and we'll have Eddie Robinson's contract off the books. That means we'll be able to resign Hinrich, Gordon and Deng and still have money for a star player.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
The Bulls are actually willing to pay over the luxury tax as long as they're winning. They're 11 million under the cap after this season. They could resign all their players and be right at the limit considering that Curry and Chandler will be BYC and only half their contracts will count towards the cap. So we could sign Othella and Duhon to longer deals. Same with 2006. We could resign the core guys, let go of Antonio and we'll have Eddie Robinson's contract off the books. That means we'll be able to resign Hinrich, Gordon and Deng and still have money for a star player.

I definately want to keep the core of Kirk, Ben, Luol, Eddy, and Tyson. It would be nice to keep noc and Duhon also.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
They'll be able to keep Noc and Duhon too.

Unless some team offers Duhon more than the Bulls can, which is about $5 mill IIRC, but no-one's going to do that.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
They may be good, but you're always looking for ways to make your team even better. It's up to Pax and Skiles and the direction they want to take.

Yeah but the thing about this team is their good... and they are extremely young... last time i checked young kids get better so we should improve by just keeping this team together.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Yeah but the thing about this team is their good... and they are extremely young... last time i checked young kids get better so we should improve by just keeping this team together.

Exactly. Which is why I agree with Pax on this one and try to keep the team together. They lost in overtime by 1 point against the defending world champs without our best 2 players(IMO). That's a pretty damn good showing for a young team.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Exactly. Which is why I agree with Pax on this one and try to keep the team together. They lost in overtime by 1 point against the defending world champs without our best 2 players(IMO). That's a pretty damn good showing for a young team.

It certainly shows a bit of intestinal fortitude.