White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
I think Buehrle is soemthing like 10-5 al-time against The twins and pitched well in the dome last year. Not sure about how he fared in late summer there but he was good early. I hope we get a 1-0 two hour classic tonight.

i remember when buhrle said he looked forward to see the twins lose in the playoffs 1-2, the twins killed him the next time the twins faced buehrle.torii hit 2 homers off him at the cell. even though he got roughed up,6+ runs, he still pitched 8+ innings...go sox.

silva to miss half the yr, possibly more....3)lohse 4)mays 5)muholland (radke 0-2)............. :headbang :gosox1: :headbang

would you guys feel comfortable going into the bottom of the 9th sox winning one to nothing and hunter,ford and lecroy to face shingo? :huh: not me.

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
i remember when buhrle said he looked forward to see the twins lose in the playoffs 1-2, the twins killed him, torii hit 2 homers off him at the cell. even though he got roughed up, he still pitched 8+ innings...go sox.

silva to miss half the yr, possibly more....3)lohse 4)mays 5)muholland  (radke 0-2)............. :headbang    :gosox1:    :headbang

would you guys feel comfortable going into the bottom of the 9th sox winning one to nothing and hunter,ford and lecroy to face shingo? :huh:    not me.

that was a really disjointed post...

I think Buehrle is soemthing like 10-5 al-time against The twins and pitched well in the dome last year. Not sure about how he fared in late summer there but he was good early. I hope we get a 1-0 two hour classic tonight.

It's much better than that. He's 14-7 lifetime & 7-4 in 04. I think the key w/out a doubt to beating Santana is drive up his pc. Be like Jeremy Reed & foul the pitches off as long as you can. Just try to prolong your AB. That's not a bad strategy to take against power pitches like Santana. If we do that I'm confident will win.

Buehrle doesn't give you that option because his stuff his filthy. When he's making his pitches it's not easy to foul them off. That's why he works so fast. His success or failure resides on his making the pitches & getting the calls & there's not a heck of a whole lot a batter can do against that.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Santana's pc's/mo 04: Apr 450, May 554, Jun 556, Jul 648, Aug 647, Sep  563. 

Mark's pc's/mo 04: Apr 491, May 664, Jun 625, Jul 606, Aug 634, Sep 677

Mark has proven to be both a work horse & a good pitcher.  Santana has not & his last 4 starts don't exactly suggest he will.

Wow, four whole starts? :rolly

Wow, four whole starts?  :rolly

Please. You're drinking WAY TOO MUCH Santana kool-aid. There's a helluva a LOT more than 4 starts over his career pointing out his fragility. Not just in a game but in a season.

04 Pre-AS 3.78ERA, 7W-6L 123IP, Pos-AS 1.21ERA, 13W-0L 104IP

03 Pre AS 3.00ERA, 4W-2L 72IP, Pos-AS 3.13ERA, 8W-1L 86.1IP

02 Pre AS 2.46ERA, 4W-1L 40.1IP, Pos-AS 3.31ERA, 4W-5L 68.0IP

01 Pre AS 4.64ERA 1W-0L 42.2IP, Pos-AS 9.00ERA, 0W-1L 1.0IP

What do you find in those numbers that strongly suggests both greatness & durability?

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

f***ing Harold Reynolds. During the Tigers-Indians highlights he said "This is going to be a great race in the Central this year with the Tigers, Twins, and Indians."

RACE FOR WHAT b****? SECOND PLACE? :fyou :fyou :fyou

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Harold Reynolds on Baseball Tonight just said, "It's gonna be a great race in the AL Central all summer long. The Tigers, Indians, and the Twins." What a douche!

Caught that as well... what an idiot.

:fyou Harold Reynolds.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
f***ing Harold Reynolds.  During the Tigers-Indians highlights he said "This is going to be a great race in the Central this year with the Tigers, Twins, and Indians."

RACE FOR WHAT b****?  SECOND PLACE? :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

I hate the whole damn cast of baseball analyst on ESPN. Especially the regulars on BBTN.

QUOTE(Hall of Famer @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Way to start it off

"The Sox go for the sweep tonight, and that sort of thing rarely happens for them."

:headshake

Well, I guess it's time to put up or shutup for the Sox. And, please, please, please let it be Put Up.......