White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Why do we have to lower our expectations like that?  Why can't we be mad at the true cause of tonight's loss?

If ozuna was the one who tripped and did his best to keep the ball on the infield you wouldn't have said s***, you have a vendetta against joe, period. He messed up tonight, alright it happens, move on. The sox are 4 and 2 and in sole possesion of first place. I swear some of you expected the sox to go 161 and 1.

2-1 vs the hostest cakes and the indians ill take it. its only 3 of the 18 games we play against em but as long as we win the 2 in chicago next week ill take. now off to cleveland to win another series. as long as they take 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 each series im a happy camper. torrii hunter f*** you. now lets :gosox1:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
If ozuna was the one who tripped and did his best to keep the ball on the infield you wouldn't have said s***, you have a vendetta against joe, period.  He messed up tonight, alright it happens, move on.  The sox are 4 and 2 and in sole possesion of first place.  I swear some of you expected the sox to go 161 and 1.

One loss? You kidding me? 162-0 is what i had in mind.

s*** umps s*** s***.

s*** fielding and hitting once again by crede

Ozzi shuda argued.

but overall a good series. and i wudnt get worked up to much over this game considering the umps, espn, credes f*** up. all we can do is hope crede is outa the line up tommorow :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
If ozuna was the one who tripped and did his best to keep the ball on the infield you wouldn't have said s***, you have a vendetta against joe, period.  He messed up tonight, alright it happens, move on.  The sox are 4 and 2 and in sole possesion of first place.  I swear some of you expected the sox to go 161 and 1.

He's mad because he's not allowed in Crede's Crew.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Sweeping the defending champs in their own house and beating their number 1 and 2 pitchers doesnt set a tone.  Are you kidding me.

No. I'm not kidding you. It wouldn't mean s*** beyond the current standings.

Why do we have to lower our expectations like that? Why can't we be mad at the true cause of tonight's loss?

--You mean the one bad pitch by Mark B that got taken out by Hunter?

No room for error vs. Mr. Cy Young and we lose.

But we win the series, which is big.

On to the next series. We need to win that one, too and keep plugging away.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Why do we have to lower our expectations like that? Why can't we be mad at the true cause of tonight's loss?

That's the key. Win all the series. Take 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4, even 2 out of 4. Just don't lose any, if possible.

What is that supposed to mean? :huh: "If, if, if, uhhh..." :rolly

Crede blew the play. What does Ozuna have to do with it? If Ozuna had blown the play, I would be pissed at him right now. Just as if Crede had actually made the play, I wouldn't be mad at him at all.

Nice try on the hypothetical situation though.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
He's mad because he's not allowed in Crede's Crew.

but crede fuks up all the time at the plate now recently in the filed he deserves wats comin for him. :chair

Ummm... if Crede doesn't botch that play, Buehrle doesn't even have to throw a pitch. Nice try though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Ummm...  if Crede doesn't botch that play, Buehrle doesn't even have to throw a pitch.  Nice try though.

Still would've been 3-2, in the end. Not exactly the difference maker.

And it looks like some just used the dreaded "if."

Edited by greasywheels121

This game was typical of so many ESPN telecasts.

Our team picks the right time to be overwhelmed by pitching and commit several costly miscues/errors. Santana is unbelievable, but there were still situations we should have scratched across runs. Konerko, in particular, completely altered his batting stance to only look foolish against Santana.

As I said in the chat, we're probably going to battle Santana several more games. Study tape or else every game will follow a similar path. Start off by working counts; resist swinging at first pitches.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
What is that supposed to mean? :huh: "If, if, if, uhhh..." :rolly

Crede blew the play.  What does Ozuna have to do with it?  If Ozuna had blown the play, I would be pissed at him right now.  Just as if Crede had actually made the play, I wouldn't be mad at him at all.

Nice try on the hypothetical situation though.

I'm using the hypothetical situation because it's one play and players screw up, it happens and everyone does it. Before tonight Joe was actually swinging the bat well but you refused to acknowledge it, you have a vendetta against Joe and you know it. Are you mad at him for tripping or are you mad at him for trying to keep the ball on the infield? Was he supposed to know Juan was behind him, maybe he should have just let it go and if Juan wasn't behind him people would b**** about Joe not giving any effort. He tripped on the turf and he tried keeping the ball on the infield, but you're right we should get rid of him because of that.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Ummm...  if Crede doesn't botch that play, Buehrle doesn't even have to throw a pitch.  Nice try though.

I'm glad you keep your expectations so high, but prepared to be let down. This isn't football, where you can realistically win 80% of your games...

Crede lost his footing and did exactly what he was supposed to do and try and keep the ball in the infield. Buehrle lost his footing on a play, and didn't get the lead runner yet he's not being burned in effigy.

I didn't really expect they'd win tonite and winning two of three is not the worst thing that could've happened.

Crede's screw up was more a reaction play than anything else, it happens.

Not impressed with the Sox hitter's approach vs. Santana because sooner or later you have to beat tough pitchers.

Most disappointed they didn't make Hunter move his feet ... ONCE ... in the whole 3 game series. He is awfully comfortable vs. the White Sox and that needs to stop.

Also, no excuse for Guillen to not get his ass out there to talk to the 3rd base ump on that Hunter steal. An obvious blown call.

As for the home plate umpire, not a good performance by him at all.