Brad Radke, the cry-baby!

Jabroni

"White Sox beat Twins, improve to 5-1"

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3526972

"They can get out and win as many games as they want," Radke said, shrugging. "It's April."

:crying :crying :crying

"You see the guys on your team going out, giving it their all and doing great - you just want to do that much better," Garland said.
"I want to keep it going, keep it rolling," Garland said. "I want to keep these guys at the same intensity I was at."

"We're just doing what we're supposed to do," he said. "We have a balanced attack right now, and hopefully we keep the same approach all year."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox are 4-1, FYI

And I love this team. I loved it in February, I loved it in March, I love it now...I have loved in constantly, and I said a ton not to worry about what writers said because the Sox made absolutely no 'sexy' moves whatsoever, and that they should not pay attention to anything the media says.

What is scary is that I think they can keep this up, and that when Frank gets back, there will be that much more depth in the lineup. When he gets back, this team will be very, very scary.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
It's just April when you are on the verge of getting swept at home by your biggest rival.

What's more impressive is the amount of opposing fans the Sox have played this well in front of. The dome was totally packed. I'm glad to see them handle the pressure so nicely.

What's more impressive is the amount of opposing fans the Sox have played this well in front of.  The dome was totally packed.  I'm glad to see them handle the pressure so nicely.

They also threw Paulie's homerun ball back. They did the same thing in the first game of the series. They're like friggin' Flubs' fans. Losers.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 06:07 AM)
Radke is right.  It is just April.

With that being said, any win vs the Twinkies is sweet.  :drink

I'll take these wins, Radke right it is just April, but still give the sox some credit. They did get to him pretty good tonight.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Sox are 4-1, FYI

And I love this team.  I loved it in February, I loved it in March, I love it now...I have loved in constantly, and I said a ton not to worry about what writers said because the Sox made absolutely no 'sexy' moves whatsoever, and that they should not pay attention to anything the media says.

I dunno, we kinda acquired Pods' girlfriend at the same time. I'd call that sexy...... :cheers

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
I dunno, we kinda acquired Pods' girlfriend at the same time. I'd call that sexy...... :cheers

I want to say something smart and witty right here, but all I have are these two fingers :finger ;)

You are right though...Dergan = hawwwwt :o :wub:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 06:40 AM)
It almost sounds like something the Sox would have said over the last few years.

Exactly what I was thinking. That and reading Gardenhire's quote as well.

"But it's early in the season," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "We've got some pretty good pitchers out there."

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
What's more impressive is the amount of opposing fans the Sox have played this well in front of.  The dome was totally packed.  I'm glad to see them handle the pressure so nicely.

Well, the Sox kinda took the crowd out of each game (except for when the Twins tied it for just a short moment), so that was kind of a non-factor.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Exactly what I was thinking.  That and reading Gardenhire's quote as well.

Shouldn't Gardenhire be a little nervous considering the fact that Silva is gonna be out for over half the season, so they're gonna have to go with a "patch-up" 5th starter for a great deal of time?

Anyone else wish they would have seen the bittersweet look on Qwerty's face when Timo Perez hit the homer? :) This one was nice tonight. When Judith gave up the three run homer I htought I've seen this game many times over the last five years. The sox proved me wrong by keeping in the fight. Still, it's key to contain the deisre to puff our chests out because beating Minnesota hasn't been a problem the last few years in general. It's been beating them in August and September and that will still be the key.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Shouldn't Gardenhire be a little nervous considering the fact that Silva is gonna be out for over half the season, so they're gonna have to go with a "patch-up" 5th starter for a great deal of time?

They've been able to get it done despite having key guys hurt in the past.

I don't care how Minnesota reasons with these losses. If our club defeats Santana tomorrow even their club can't possibly act indifferent. Or continue this "It's just April" reasoning.

Our 3rd/5th starters outdueled their 2nd/4th starters. If Buehlre pitches on par with Santana, whom I'm expecting to be dominant, our hitters would have battled the best Minnesota has. Rincon and Nathan will undoubtedly pitch if needed, so any victory earned will be hard fought and well earned.

However, let's remember several members of our lineup haven't seen Cy Santana. Iguchi will be overwhelmed, and you can likely forget about any production from our new LH hitters, Podsednik and Pierzsyski. Someone needs to step up, or atleast resist swinging at his changeup in the dirt. It can't possibly be that difficult

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Anyone else wish they would have seen the bittersweet look on Qwerty's face when Timo Perez hit the homer? :) This one was nice tonight. When Judith gave up the three run homer I htought I've seen this game many times over the last five years. The sox proved me wrong by keeping in the fight. Still, it's key to contain the deisre to puff our chests out because beating Minnesota hasn't been a problem the last few years in general. It's been beating them in August and September and that will still be the key.

I couldn't describe Qwerty's facial expression, but I can tell you him and Cheat were awfully quiet in the chatroom once Timo homered. :bringit

Edited by Flash Tizzle

This has been fantastic so far. Even though its April, tommorrow is a big game. If we can beat Santana, we will truly establish the dominance for this year. Hopefully Buehrle can do better than he used to do vs. Mulder when we would always lose 2-1 or something.