Brad Radke, the cry-baby!

Jabroni

C'mon guys. Get a grip on reality. We haven't established dominace over anything. We are playing good ball against our top division rivals and getting off to a good start. That's great. That's important. That's better than the alternative. But we are only 5 games into a 162 game schedule.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
I don't care how Minnesota reasons with these losses. If our club defeats Santana tomorrow even their club can't possibly act indifferent. Or continue this "It's just April" reasoning.

Our 3rd/5th starters outdueled their 2nd/4th starters. If Buehlre pitches on par with Santana, whom I'm expecting to be dominant, our hitters would have battled the best Minnesota has.  Rincon and Nathan will undoubtedly pitch if needed, so any victory earned will be hard fought and well earned.

However, let's remember several members of our lineup haven't seen Cy Santana. Iguchi will be overwhelmed, and you can likely forget about any production from our new LH hitters, Podsednik and Pierzsyski. Someone needs to step up, or atleast resist swinging at his changeup in the dirt. It can't possibly be that difficult

I'm liking our chances tomorrow very much so as well. Santana isn't a good starter, early in innings, and in April in general. There's a good chance the Sox could get out to an early lead on him, and all we'd need is for Mark to do his job and pitch well to keep that lead hopefully.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Unless you finish the above with "without a left arm" then it's not a true statement.

I should have put that another way. He's a fantastic starting pitcher. However his record in early innings and early in seasons, isn't fantastic.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 03:58 AM)
C'mon guys.  Get a grip on reality.  We haven't established dominace over anything.  We are playing good ball against our top division rivals and getting off to a good start.  That's great.  That's important.  That's better than the alternative. But we are only 5 games into a 162 game schedule.

YAS, I know you're trying to keep things in check, and that's a solid rational move, but I will offer up that old chestnut that "you can't win the division in April and May, but you CAN lose the division in April and May".

What's nice about this is the confidence factor. You get the Sox thinking that "YEAH, we can beat these guys in their own house" and you get inside the Twins' heads a little bit, that can only be good for the Sox.

A good start is vital for the Sox because of the changes that have been made. A slow start would have everyone second-guessing and then they might start pressing, trying to do too much.

I like what I've seen so far, now I want to see them keep this level of starting pitching up!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
YAS, I know you're trying to keep things in check, and that's a solid rational move, but I will offer up that old chestnut that "you can't win the division in April and May, but you CAN lose the division in April and May".

What's nice about this is the confidence factor. You get the Sox thinking that "YEAH, we can beat these guys in their own house" and you get inside the Twins' heads a little bit, that can only be good for the Sox.

A good start is vital for the Sox because of the changes that have been made. A slow start would have everyone second-guessing and then they might start pressing, trying to do too much.

I like what I've seen so far, now I want to see them keep this level of starting pitching up!

I could'nt have said it better! :headbang

Yes, the Sox made no "sexy" moves.

No, the media did not hype the team and give them more credit than they deserved.

And yes, the Sox have started 4-1.

Yes, the Mets made a bunch of "sexy" moves.

Yes, the media DID create hype for the Metropolitans.

And yes, the Mets have started 0-5.

:ph34r:

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)

I don't disagree with anything so say. As you mentioned, I'm just trying to keep things in check. I'm thrilled with our start, and they are big games because they are against our main division rivals.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
They also threw Paulie's homerun ball back.  They did the same thing in the first game of the series.  They're like friggin' Flubs' fans.  Losers.

I wish it would happen in every ballpark. One more unique Cub tradition gone.

Remember the sweep in May last year IN Minnesota and we were all talking s***?

Then the next series against them, was the famous Torii Hunter incident and they swept us in Chicago?

This is a good start, but it don't mean s***, fellas. If this were September, we could talk a lot more s***.

We HAVE to keep our perspective. It's early, bravo guys, but August and September is when these games in April really mean something.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)

Then the next series against them, was the famous Torii Hunter incident and they swept us in Chicago?

This is a good start, but it don't mean s***, fellas.  If this were September, we could talk a lot more s***.

We HAVE to keep our perspective.  It's early, bravo guys, but August and September is when these games in April really mean something.

Good Mourning Mr. Kap "Rain on the Fun" oMET

:cheers of course you are right

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)

This is a good start, but it don't mean s***, fellas.  If this were September, we could talk a lot more s***.

Bill Melton was talking about that after the game last night. I've never seen a sports dude so bummed after the team he reports on wins (or so he looked, maybe he was just tired).

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
It's just April when you are on the verge of getting swept at home by your biggest rival.

So Radke can read a calendar?! WOW! The bottom line Twinkie's is that you got beat and we are on the verge of a 3 game sweep. The twinks have always been whiners and the Sox have always been winners.

I think he was referring more to the fact that the WSox have been stronger in the 1st half & weaker in the 2nd. Whereas the Twinkees have been one of the strongest teams in MLB in the 2nd half the past 4 yrs.

However; I think he said this not knowing that Silva is now gone till at least July & possible late Aug if indeed he needs surgery to repair the tear in his knee. Silva had the best start for the Twins this year & is coming off a 14-8 yr w 33GS. He was really coming into his own. Now that Lohse is likely to follow Radke I wonder if Radke would have said anything at all.