Phil v. VJ in Hissy Fit

Coverage Here

They're Walking All Over Each Other

By Thomas Boswell

Sunday, April 10, 2005; Page E01

AUGUSTA, Ga.

Hold onto your handbags, ladies and gentlemen. There's a hissy fit in Amen Corner.

Vijay Singh says Phil Mickelson wears extra-large spikes, drags his feet on the greens, leaves big cleat marks and does not fix them. In other words, Mickelson is careless and unsporting at best, and perhaps even a deliberate cheater at worst.

Mickelson responds, by news release no less, that Singh is a tattletale gamesman who sicced the officials on him twice in one round, sending a couple of old fuddy-duddies to examine the bottoms of his shoes and distracting him from his game.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Wow what happened to DiMarco?  I was really rooting for him.  Oh well, once Tiger gets his game back all these other whiners will shut up for a while.

I always love seeing Tiger on the top of the leaderboard. It just seems the golf's more exciting when he's up there.

Also, this is good news for the Anti-Mariottis. Mariotti has constantly said Tiger's in a slump, and he said if Tiger wins a major, he'd start at -30 on ATH. I just hope he doesn't flop on that statement too. :lol:

DiMarco shoulda had it won. That chip in was half down, I don't know how the hell it popped out.

Am I the only one rooting for DiMarco? I dunno, I don't really watch golf a lot, but Tiger never gives me a good impression. I'm cheering for DiMarco to take it to Tiger in the playoff.