**Official CUBS SUCK thread**

Brian

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another vintage Kerry Wood outting:

ND: 6 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K's.

Very disappointing effort from the pitcher whom continues to burden high expectations. Regardless of his past achievements, the Cubs can't be satisfied with an 11 million dollar, inconsistent hurler.

I'm honestly looking forward to Steve Stone criticizing Wood on The Score tomorrow afternoon. :drink

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Yet another vintage Kerry Wood outting:

ND: 6 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K's.

Very disappointing effort from the pitcher whom continues to burden high expectations.  Regardless of his past achievements, the Cubs can't be satisfied with an 11 million dollar, inconsistent hurler.

I'm honestly looking forward to Steve Stone criticizing Wood on The Score tomorrow afternoon.  :drink

And to add insult to injury their mascot Ronny Woo Woo got ran over outside the park. First someone gets shot now people are getting run over, maybe the northside isnt the safe area they believe it to be.

WOO WOO WOO

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no thread has yet to surface on Wood(s) latest injury.

Kerry Wood was pulled after three innings with tendinitis in his right shoulder. Jason Dubois homered in the fourth, and Derrek Lee extended his hitting streak to 12 games.
He will be reevaluated Monday in Chicago.

But hey, regardless of any potential DL stinct, atleast he struck out 6 hitters yesterday. That's all that matters.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
Surprised no thread has yet to surface on Wood(s) latest injury.

He will be reevaluated Monday in Chicago.

But hey, regardless of any potential DL stinct, atleast he struck out 6 hitters yesterday. That's all that matters.

Once again... he will be on the DL by Memorial Day.

These are all quotes from a cub fan after another Sox fan and I were "discussing" Carrie Woods and that he is Over rated. They were too good to not post.

"Hasn't won 15 games? Big deal...Wins do not determine how good a pitcher is"

"wins and losses do not mean anything, because it is a team game"

"Every pitcher has slumps,bad years,bad games, and almost evry pitcher gose through an injory......like i siad.....give him time"

Sometimes you just want to :chair them...

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 4, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Tied in the 9th, Caballo had a shot with RISP but he flies out.

Edit: LMAO, they walk in the winning run.

How can you walk the winning run but I will take it great job Cubbies. Before you walk the bases loaded intentionaly you better hope you pitcher can throw strikes, Miller left in 10 in the game But I could care less but he got in the most important