Ipod Troubles

SnB

I'm having a major Ipod problem.

I've had mine since may and it's worked absolutely flawlessly until now.

Yesterday it began freezing and skipping some songs in bunches.

I thought maybe my files were bad so I cleaned out my Ipod and got rid of all songs.

Now when i transfer them back on, it freezes. It gets through around 500 songs and just freezes. What should I do?

Apple's support site is of course not working right now.

Anyone got any help?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I'm having a major Ipod problem.

I've had mine since may and it's worked absolutely flawlessly until now.

Yesterday it began freezing and skipping some songs in bunches.

I thought maybe my files were bad so I cleaned out my Ipod and got rid of all songs.

Now when i transfer them back on, it freezes.  It gets through around 500 songs and just freezes.  What should I do?

Apple's support site is of course not working right now.

Anyone got any help?

Send it to me. I can fix it in a year or two

Couple things to try.

It may be corrupted files that you just reloaded. Try loading just one CD, then a few more, and see if the problem continues.

Allow the iPod to totally drain and then restart. If it's an anomaly in the system, re-booting in a sense may help.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)

Send it to me. I can fix it in a year or two

Couple things to try.

It may be corrupted files that you just reloaded. Try loading just one CD, then a few more, and see if the problem continues.

Allow the iPod to totally drain and then restart. If it's an anomaly in the system, re-booting in a sense may help.

definitely not corrupted files since it freezes on a different one every time.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Try the reset feature on the Ipod.

I think its plug it into a power outlet, toggle the hold button on and off once, then hold the select and top part of the wheel untill the screen goes blank, and that seems to fix alot.

done that numerous times as well as using the Ipod Update and restoring it a few hundred times.

AFter researching ipodlounge forums for what it seems like forever, this eems to be a common problem that no one has a simple answer for. Looks like its a hard drive problem. I still can't get through apple's support site to request a repair.

f***.whore.b****.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
done that numerous times as well as using the Ipod Update and restoring it a few hundred times.

AFter researching ipodlounge forums for what it seems like forever, this eems to be a common problem that no one has a simple answer for.  Looks like its a hard drive problem.  I still can't get through apple's support site to request a repair.

f***.whore.b****.

Is it just a problem with the new gen clickwheel models or do the older ones have that same issue?

Anything that has gone wrong on mine has been fixed with the system reset feature.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)

AFter researching ipodlounge forums for what it seems like forever, this eems to be a common problem that no one has a simple answer for.  Looks like its a hard drive problem.  I still can't get through apple's support site to request a repair.

f***.whore.b****.

call dell????