Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Typical f***nut Twins (that's my cute batgirl type name for them) win.

Leadoff walk because Reyes is a fat dumbf***.

Cheap ass motherf***ing turfjob double.

walk the bases loaded

turfjob single that wins the game on some career minor leaguers' first ever major league RBI

:fyou Twinkies, Why can't you lose when we win?

Wow, I have to say I'm doubly grateful to the Twins for sucking so much today. First, they're current team SUCKS all the way to a 7-2 loss, then the catcher that they were stupid enough to let go (SUCKY personnel department) hits the GW HR for us! So, for those of you keeping score at home, the Twinkies STILL SUCK!

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Wow, I have to say I'm doubly grateful to the Twins for sucking so much today. First, they're current team SUCKS all the way to a 7-2 loss, then the catcher that they were stupid enough to let go (SUCKY personnel department) hits the GW HR for us! So, for those of you keeping score at home, the Twinkies STILL SUCK!

They weren't stupid in letting AJ go. They had Joe Mauer who in my book looks like he will become a damn good player. It was time for AJ to go, Mauer was ready. The Giants are the dumbasses for picking Tomko over AJ.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
They weren't stupid in letting AJ go. They had Joe Mauer who in my book looks like he will become a damn good player. It was time for AJ to go, Mauer was ready. The Giants are the dumbasses for picking Tomko over AJ.

I agree, Mauer>Aj

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
I agree, Mauer>Aj

Actually right now performance wise AJ>Mauer

But potential wise Mauer>>>AJ

Some people are already calling Morneau and Mauer the modern day M&M brothers comparing them to Mantle and Maris. Though it is still too soon to be making comparison's like this it is entirely plausible.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)

I think that is one move that they would like to take back.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
Actually right now performance wise AJ>Mauer

But potential wise Mauer>>>AJ

Some people are already calling Morneau and Mauer the modern day M&M brothers comparing them to Mantle and Maris. Though it is still too soon to be making comparison's like this it is entirely plausible.

No.

Do you see how well mauer has hit with men in scoring position? Sure he has low rbi totals but whenever he has been given the chance to drive runs in he does it. Mauer is a sick defensive catcher and will only get better. I have always thought pierz was one of the better defenders in baseball but no one seemed to believe me. He was ''bad at blocking balls in the dirt''. My ass.

Mauer>>> pierz and i really like pierz.

Mauer has has will always hover around .300 ( much like pierz has throughout most of his career. The big difference is mauer sees alot more pitches and walk at a much better pace... wouldn't be surprised to see him post a .400 obp in a year or two. Mauer is also one of the faster catchers in the league... not gonna steal you many bases but you have alot more options with mauer than pierzynski... such as a hit and run with mauer being the runner.

I wouyld give mauer the defensive edge too but i am not sure how long he will last at the position.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
No.

Do you see how well mauer has hit with men in scoring position? Sure he has low rbi totals but whenever he has been given the chance to drive runs in he does it. Mauer is a sick defensive catcher and will only get better. I have always thought pierz was one of the better defenders in baseball but no one seemed to believe me. He was ''bad at blocking balls in the dirt''. My ass.

Mauer>>> pierz and i really like pierz.

Mauer has has will always hover around .300 ( much like pierz has throughout most of his career. The big difference is mauer sees alot more pitches and walk at a much better pace... wouldn't be surprised to see him post a .400 obp in a year or two. Mauer is also one of the faster catchers in the league... not gonna steal you many bases but you have alot more options with mauer than pierzynski... such as a hit and run with mauer being the runner.

I wouyld give mauer the defensive edge too but i am not sure how long he will last at the position.

Doesn't Mauer have a knee problem?

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
Doesn't Mauer have a knee problem?

He had some knee problems at the end of last year and during spring training. The Twins have been extremely careful with him, resting him atleast twice a week. He had a flare up a couple weeks ago and missed some games but has been pretty healthy of late. His knees are something to be concerned about but in the end if his knees get so bad that he can no longer catch on a regular basis he will probably be moved to third and be one of the best offensive third basemen in the game.