Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened was when Blum was at the plate there was a really close pitch, the ump called it a ball. Santana pitched it at the exact same spot the next pitch and he still called it a ball, and then Santana threw it at the same spot for the 3rd straight time and called a ball. Sure it was close to being a strike but he was being consistant like umpires are supposed to be.

Edited by WilliamTell

Random Non-Game Info: On Baseball Tonight today at noon, they gave Steve Phillips a chance to predict how the Central was going to shake out. He said the Twins would win the division. Not that they can't, but come on, Steve-o. Don't be an idiot all your life.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
I think the Twinkies will have to worry about them first. ;) If the Twinkies lose this game, the Indians will only be one game behind them. :o

I wouldn't mind seeing those 2 racing each other for a while. All things considered, I'd rather have the Indians behind me than the Twins behind me...with the pitching that the Twins have.

Just remember 1 thing about the Indians though...every team can get hot. The Cubs had a big win streak earlier this year. The Yankees have had 2. A few weeks ago Texas was on fire and took 1st place in the West, but then they cooled off and Anaheim has moved back in front. Hell, even the D-Rays had a big win streak last year.

You don't win divisions with 10 game win streaks in June. They don't hurt, but you need a lot more than that. They have an ERA of about 2.5 over their last 10 games. There's no way they're going to maintain that.

Ballgame. Padres 5, Twinkies 1. Great game by May for the Padres. Pads take 2 of 3 from the Twins in Minnesota...with a day off tomorrow. Twins I believe have lost their last 2 interleague series at home, and are in a fair bit of a slump right now.

Ron Gardenhire begs for Santana to get more respect, because an umpire missed a few pitches:

The Twins believe that home plate umpire Kevin Kelley disrespected the reigning American League Cy Young Award winner Sunday. On three straight pitches, at least. In the seventh inning of the Twins' 5-1 loss to San Diego at the Metrodome, left-hander Johan Santana threw three consecutive pitches to Geoff Blum that appeared to be strikes. Not to Kelley. The umpire's decision to call balls prompted heated words from Santana and manager Ron Gardenhire, who was ejected. "Johan deserves a lot more respect than that," Gardenhire said after the game.

So if a manager disagrees with a umpires strikezone, then the pitcher is being disrespected by the umpire? Give me a break Ron

Ron Gardenhire begs for Santana to get more respect, because an umpire missed a few pitches:

So if a manager disagrees with a umpires strikezone, then the pitcher is being disrespected by the umpire? Give me a break Ron

I saw the clips of some of those pitches on SportsCenter. While I didn't see every pitch thrown, the ones that were shown were definately balls.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
I saw the clips of some of those pitches on SportsCenter.  While I didn't see every pitch thrown, the ones that were shown were definately balls.

I was watching the game when he melted down...

The pitches were close enough that they could go either way. I think what probably actually happened was that the strike zone shifted slightly during the game, and during that inning, he wasn't getting the call on the pitches that were close but slightly off the plate.

Everyone here has seen those pitches called both ways depending on the ump. Many times.