Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Actually, if the Twins keep losing, they'll improve their chances of taking this division. If we ever grow overconfident about them or write them off, BAM, they'll crush us.

The Twins are not human, folks; one guy goes down, another comes up from the minor leagues and hits .400 or becomes an elite pitcher in his first year. They are a machine. They do not make many mistakes. We must take maximum advantage of every mistake they make; that is the only way to beat them, given the disadvantage of being human.

Ozzie will never allow this team to get cocky or overcofident. He keeps them focusing on winnings series. If this team gets an even bigger lead in the division I gaurantee Ozzie won't pull a Manuael and start resting players so that they'll be rusty in the playoffs.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah.. defense has been horrible

The offense, yeah they havent been scoring runs, but the Sox dont score a lot of runs either and they have the best record in baseball

Actually, we DO score runs. We are 7th in the MLB in runs scored...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...batting&group=9

The Twins are 17th.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
oh yeah.. defense has been horrible

The offense, yeah they havent been scoring runs, but the Sox dont score a lot of runs either and they have the best record in baseball

The White Sox over this 7 game win streak have been hitting like nobodies business. They have scored atleast 4 runs in every game.

12-6

6-0

5-3

4-3

11-8

5-1

5-1

48 runs for the Sox over their last 7 games. Thats 6.86 runs per game. Not bad at all.

Funny how this winning streak/offensive explosion started after that 10 run inning against Arizona, we all knew it was a huge uplifting game but this is just awesome.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I supposed I should look things up before i say them. hahah. But that stat surprises me

Well the thing is, the White Sox usually get the runs they need. They usually don't go above and beyond like they used to and then get shut out the next night. We constantly score in every game. It adds up.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
The White Sox over this 7 game win streak have been hitting like nobodies business. They have scored atleast 4 runs in every game.

12-6

6-0

5-3

4-3

11-8

5-1

5-1

38 runs for the Sox over their last 7 games. Thats 5.43 runs per game. Not bad at all.

Funny how this winning streak/offensive explosion started after that 10 run inning against Arizona, we all knew it was a huge uplifting game but this is just awesome.

True about the offense (and it's wonderful to see) but also check the runs allowed, that's 5 good-to-great pitching/defense games out of 7, with the other 2 being the 10-run game (in which our bullpen was great) and BMAC's game (in which our bullpen minus Jizzcan was great) I'm going to spend all day tomorrow :pray it keeps up over the weekend. As we're demoralizing Twins fans, it would be great to punish Flubs fans as well.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
Yeah, I guess.  Although they DO have a decent rotation and a really good bullpen.

Their pen is good except for this guy, Bob "Clubhouse Buffet" Wickman, who will promptly give Boston the game right here.