Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Well both actually...but I'm more surprised with the Twins play.

Last year it was Santana, Nathan, Radke, and a few other pitchers who basically carried that team to the playoffs, along with timely hitting. This year, Santana's not doing as well, and their bullpen has struggled of late. Combine that with a lack of timely hitting and some worse defense on their infield and that's how they got here.

I hope they keep playing this way.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radke has lost his last four decisions and continues to get pounded in the first inning. He's still not walking many but he's getting smacked around by everybody.

It sounds like your typical veteran who loses some of his stuff and needs to make a pitching adjustment. Hopefully he doesn't figure it out anytime soon.

One of the Twinkies' young studs has bitten the dust...

Latest News  Jun. 29, 2005 - 6:49 pm et

An MRI revealed tears at the front and back of his right shoulder, so Glenn Williams will miss at least six to eight weeks after going on the DL today.

Williams will need season-ending surgery if rehab doesn't work out as hoped. Even if the rehab is successful, it's unlikely he'll rejoin the Twins' active roster prior to Sept. 1.

Supposedly, they may be interested in Bret Boone if Seattle would pick up some of his contract.

Wasn't Glenn Williams like some 30 year old career minor leaguer?  Or am I thinking about someone else?

27 and he was supposed to be a stud prospect when the Braves signed him at age 16 or something. He never panned out and then spent like 11 years in the minors and finally started hitting.

Edited by Jabroni

2-1 Twins

I f***ing hate when they play KC and TB :)

Nice dumbass play by Cantu to make it 3-1.

Torii was hosed stealing 3rd but f***ing Jorge missed the throw, Hunter scores

Edited by WHarris1

Is it just me or is Santana just not the same pitcher this year? He certainly isn't producing anywhere near as well as last year. I know it would be hard to miss, but he's up over a run on his ERA, and doesn't seem to go as deep in games. He's still not allowing a lot of hits or walks and striking everyone out, but the results aren't quite the same.

Edited by ZoomSlowik