Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Aaron Gleeman's column;

The Twins have just 29 games games left against teams that are below .500, compared to 40 games against sub-.500 teams in the first half. The biggest thing making the second-half schedule tougher is 13 games against the AL-leading White Sox (compared to just six in the first half), but not having any games left against the last place Devil Rays hurts too.

Plus, the Twins play the A's 10 times in the second half, after not playing them at all in the first half. While Oakland is just 41-41, they have been the hottest team in baseball over the last six weeks. In other words, they picked the wrong time to play the A's 10 times in three months. To make matters worse, the Twins will play just 37 of their 81 remaining games at home.

Here is how the second-half schedule breaks down:

OPPONENT 

White Sox      13

Tigers         11

Royals         11

A's            10

Mariners        7

Red Sox         6

Rangers         6

Indians         6

Angels          5

Orioles         3

Yankees         3

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
They still get to play the Royals 11 more times, which means an automatic 9 or 10 more wins.

The Tigers and Indians should give them a good fight though. I dont see the Twins blowing through the competition in the same way they did last season.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
The Tigers and Indians should give them a good fight though.  I dont see the Twins blowing through the competition in the same way they did last season.

if i recall our schedule is a little tougher than theirs

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
The umping has been horrendous from what I've seen this inning.  I hate to see it happen except to maybe the Cubs and then maybe I'm just indifferent.

It was the same all game. The Twins were arguing calls most of the night, especially their 3rd base coach.

We'll see if it works in the matinee game today. I'm pumped to see Johan pitch cause yesterdays game was awfully slow. It was probably the worse 2-1 game I've ever seen (in terms of the quality of pitching). It was still a good game though, especially since the Twins lost.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
Twins are currently up 2-0 on the Halos in the 2nd inning.

The Angels are playin like crap. Garret misplayed a single into a triple. Vlad missed the cutoff on a sac fly which let Ford go to second (and eventually score). Plus the third base ump missed a call at third on a snapback throw where Morneau should have been out.