Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their pen is good except for this guy, Bob "Clubhouse Buffet" Wickman, who will promptly give Boston the game right here.

And Wickman gives up the leadoff double to Jay Payton and Grady Sizemore's error turns it into a triple...

"Top 9TH B:2 S:2 O:0

Jay Payton doubles (7) on a line drive to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Jay Payton advances to 3rd, on fielding error by center fielder Grady Sizemore."

:lolhitting

Red Sox have to fight their way through the Orioles and Yankees. I know the Yankees aren't good, but they always play each other hard...kind of like the Cubs with us. They'll have a tough, tough time getting into the playoffs. I'd rather the Red Sox win this game and completely put the Indians out of contention.

Red Sox have to fight their way through the Orioles and Yankees.  I know the Yankees aren't good, but they always play each other hard...kind of like the Cubs with us.  They'll have a tough, tough time getting into the playoffs.  I'd rather the Red Sox win this game and completely put the Indians out of contention.

Renteria with a RBI double. 5-4 Red Sox.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Red Sox have to fight their way through the Orioles and Yankees.  I know the Yankees aren't good, but they always play each other hard...kind of like the Cubs with us.  They'll have a tough, tough time getting into the playoffs.  I'd rather the Red Sox win this game and completely put the Indians out of contention.

I agree, I'd rather throughouly smoke the division first. And with our August schedule, and the number of times we gotta play Minnesota in September, we look great right now but it's by no means over. If we're still up 8 or 10 or more going into the last month, then I'll worry about who wins the east or west.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
theres been no game threads, and I dont want to clog up anything.. you know

but this sucks. >

but maybe its just a spell that teams go through. I just happens to be at a time where the Sox dont lose

why DOESNT your team lose a few? hahah.

I swear we always were saying this about the Twins the past couple years.

I wouldnt be looking ahead to who you play in the playoffs just yet.

Just enjoy your run. Let the chips fall when they may

Its easier to get let down when your team loses in the playoffs.

Im not saying I hope the Sox lose to the Yanks int eh first round or anything, but we are not even to the All Star break

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)

Im not saying I hope the Sox lose to the Yanks int eh first round or anything, but we are not even to the All Star break

We still play your boys 13 times. I'm comfortable with this lead and I think we're going to win it but it's in no shape or form wrapped up.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)

Didn't Peter Gammons pick the Twins to win the World Series? That right there is a lot to overcome, maybe too much. I still look for them to make it interesting this year. The White Sox have a brutal August schedule.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

The Yankees would have to make the playoffs for that to happen. :P

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

I don't even want to think about who we could potentially play in the playoffs, or when the season will end until October. I hate putting a number on it, and just saying we will lose on so and so day. I just think that basically makes the rest of the season a waste and worthless. I want to enjoy and milk this season for all that I can.

Cleveland loses and the Twinkies about to join them. :headbang

So far in this thread the Twins defense and offense have been mentioned as their achilles heel. So I think I'll make it a trifecta. It seems to me their bullpen is being overtaxed by a starting rotation that does not go deep enough. Last night Lohse and tonight Mays. It seems everytime you look up, they are into their 4th or 5th or 6th pitcher. They have a great bullpen and their manager uses them with great thought and care, but I think we are starting to see them wear down a bit and there is a long way to go. Lookin' good. Lookin' very good. :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
The Yankees would have to make the playoffs for that to happen. :P

lol

good point. It was the first team I had in my mind. if you DO make it to the Playoffs, I hope you play the Yanks and kick the living dogsnot out of them though.

:rolly